Twas A Bit Embarrassing....

Emma

Woke up this morning and went to the cupboard this morning to discover it was looking pretty bare.  After some more investigating I discovered that both the fridge and freezer were looking pretty sad and empty too.  Oh joy of joys, i'm gonna have to go down the supermarket and buy food.  Boring!  :(

So I necked back a cup  of tea, jumped in and out of the bath, got dressed and dragged my littlest son with me down to Icelands as it is smaller and less busy than the usual suspects round here: morrisons/sainsburys/asda/tesco. 

I started off buying lots of healthy stuff but of course midway round comes the rubbish food and oops, some magnums and snickers ice creams may or may not have made their way into my trolley, lol.  Right at the end I see a deal on Echo falls Rose wine.  As it would of been practically criminal not to indulge in this special offer I grabbed 2 bottles hastily and shoved them into the trolley without a second thought, :D

At the checkout, I'm putting the wine onto the conveyabelt when Reece decides to have the following coversation at the top of his voice!

Reece:  "That's a lot of wine, I guess you're going to get drunk".

Me:  *Looking mortified* "Well I wasn't going to drink it all at once you know!"

Reece:  *sensing weakness*  "Mmmmmmn.   But you probably will".

Me: *noticing that people are now staring and laughing at me* "For goodness sake, you make me sound like a raging alcoholic!"

Reece:  "Well, I think you are!"

By now my face is blushing furiously and I was staring at the floor, willing it to open up and swallow me whole.  Was just a tad embarrassing......and innacurate! :P  lol.

Needless to say, I practically threw the shopping into bags asap and beat a hasty retreat beore he could say anything else incriminating!  :eek:

HAHAHAHA   oh that made me smile a lot....my 2 use to do this to their mum in Finland... only difference was/is she is a raging alcoholic and still denied it as well....

lol. Glad it made you smile.  Tbh this was the second day in a row he's pulled this stunt.  I was round a friends house yesterday and my ex from many, many moons ago was there.  He decides to tell my ex that I bump the stairs when I'm drunk.   No reason for him to say that as we weren't even talking about drink, he just likes to humilliate me and of course once he's said something, everyone in the room thinks it's very amusing and tries to pump him for more information, with me trying frantically to deviate the converstaion onto another path!  lol.