Say Hi To Digger!

w0LfNiNja

i recently joined this forum after adopting a 2 1/2 yr old female husky named Dakota. yesterday i thought, since i had this big life change and all seems fine... why not make it a huge life change and adopt another! LOL

someone on here told me to join the H2M2 facebook group, so i did join the Indiana group. yesterday morning someone posted a pic of a good looking 4 yr old male that was in a shelter kinda near me. i ended up calling and getting some info and decided to take the kids and Kota to check him out. after spending about 10 mins in an outside pin, we decided why not. everyone seemed to get along and he seemed very friendly.

so this is Digger, our newest family memeber! he had some rough edges and hopefully with some love we get him looking and feeling whole again. 

post-11693-0-87901600-1397914078_thumb.jpost-11693-0-37115900-1397914101_thumb.j

post-11693-0-27907600-1397913925_thumb.jpost-11693-0-35491000-1397913951_thumb.j

It's a win-win. Kudos for giving Digger a home and a pack of his own.

it has been great so far!! thx all!

he wasn't responding to the name digger, so we decided to rename him to TIMBER. 

he sure does let me know when he needs to go outside to go to potty... lol. yesterday morning he woke me up, he was standing on my bed with his face near mine. he started to whimper a little, then he took his paw and started to move my arm near the door. he then jumped down off the bed, stood by the door and did it again. it was funny, but i got the msg and took him out right away.

hopefully i can take him to the vet on friday to get him checked out. the shelter wanted me to do it within 2 days, but i had to work. the shelter told me he had lymes disease and gave me some meds for him to take. so i need to find out about that. it looked like  a collar was on him too tight for too long... he has very little hair below his throat area and it was red for the first few days. it is looking better now. the end of his tail also has little hair on it. i'm hoping in time all this will grow back and start getting better. there a few other little things i noticed, it looks like he had a hard life.

he is smart thou. he knows the sit command. he also knows the shake command. so that is good news. i hope to teach him more commands.