We Got Attacked

Jay

Was out for a morning walk when I saw ahead of us the neighbors pit bull got loose and was running around. We tried to walk the other way but he charged at all 3 of us. I got pulled to the road and got scrapped and it was an all out war. Luckily none of my dogs got bit although there was blood from the other dog I think. I am ticked that they can't keep that dog confined. She apologized but this isn't the first time get dog has gotten loose and came after my dogs. Mine did a great job of defending us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their dog got out the front door when the lady was taking stuff to her car. This is the second time he's escaped and went after my dogs. They live right next door too. Next time will be the last. I'm going to get something to take on my walks now. I thought about calling animal control but the problem is our HOA bans huskies too and we are only allowed 2. So if the HOA gets word they could make us get rid of our dogs too. Although I don't think that would happen. I'm just glad we are all ok except a sore neck and bloody elbow for me.

Locally, a woman who was out jogging was attacked by eight dogs, all owned by the same person. She was bitten twice by one of the dogs; once on the ankle and once in the calf, both drew blood. The offending dog was a Pit Bull. City ordinance limits ownership to two dogs. None of her dogs were licensed. All eight dogs are in custody. The offending dog is is to be banned from the city. Owner has to show proof that all dogs were properly vaccinated and pay for licenses plus penalties. In addition, she has been charged with several violations and must appear in court. Just another example of a bad owner.

Glad you are not harmed anymore than you were Jason. Not a good way to start you Sunday.

How awful D:

Glad you're alright.

Thankfully this area doesn't have many dogs like that.  I think it only happened once where this little white chihuahua was charging after Jelly on the other side of the street (when Jelly was still small lol) and got slightly run over by an oncoming car. No idea how it survived but it ran back to its owner and I still see it now so I'm guessing it's ok. xD.

Off topic but.. Is it required to get your dog licensed? o_O

I don't live in the city but the suburbs around the city and my dad said I didn't need to register my dog o-o.

I have always been against dog ban breeds but I am not so sure anymore. The woman that owns the pit bull is very nice and friendly and in no way teaches her dog to be mean.  IN fact she takes the dog to the same trainers we used for ours, so I KNOW it is not being mistreated.  She said that their dog plays with others in the class, but something about my 3 that makes him go crazy.  He even barks and growls when she lets them outside when mine are out as well.  We have  6 ft privacy fence between us so I don't know why her dog wants to go after mine.  But I do know that the instinct of those dogs can be aggressive and their jaws have extreme strength.  I am just glad that none of mine where bit.  I am going to get some mace or something to carry with me in case this happens again.  I also worry because one of my friends in the neighborhood has a Shih Tzu and that dog could kill hers easily.  

They don't let their pit out unleashed, but he has gotten out several times because they are not being careful.  Or they think that they can just trust him to go from the house to the car unleashed.  I don't think they are intentionally being uncaring or rude, they are just not careful and thinking first.

Oh no! Good to hear you're pretty much ok but must of been a big shock for you all.

If the other dog isn't usually dog aggressive, then possibly it's a territorial thing going on here? Dogs don't perceive borders and boundaries in the same way that people do, might explain why it's your dogs in particular that are driving him/her nuts.

:grouphug: take care Jason. Not the best way to start Easter Sunday, supposed to be chilling out and scoffing your weights worth of chocolate not fighting off little bratty dogs. :(

Scary! I am scared of this happening so I carry dog attack spray. I don't know if it works but I'm hoping it would at least surprise an attacking dog enough to go away. If a pit ever does get clenched on your dog I have read the way to get him off is to stick something in his mouth behind the incisors and wedge it open, like a lever. I think there are sticks you can buy specifically for this.

Glad the dogs are ok but sorry about your elbow!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Off topic but.. Is it required to get your dog licensed? o_O

I don't live in the city but the suburbs around the city and my dad said I didn't need to register my dog o-o.

Just fyi since I see you're a Houstonian - I know Harris county requires licensing; if your dog gets picked up by animal control and is not licensed I believe you can be fined. I think it's only $15 for the lifetime of a neutered dog. Dogs not neutered have to be re-licensed every year and cost more or something.

And on topic: sorry that happened to you Jason! That pit doesn't sounds too smart trying to take on 3 huskies though lol.. Glad everyone got away unharmed! ..well almost, poor neck/elbow :(

I know what was that dog thinking?? Kodiak had my back :). And my neighbor came down and made sure we were ok and is going to call the police and out HOA. Her dog got attacked before and doesn't feel safe walking if they don't keep their dog contained.

Ouch! I agree we are reading more & more of these off lead attacks, no matter how they came about.

If this has happened before, you'd have thought she'd have taken precautions to secure her dog before getting stuff from the car  :angry:  and I noticed you say "Next time will be the last." but there should not be a next time if she was more aware - and it might not end up with a sore elbow & neck either, it could be much worse .... hope you heal quickly & your neighbour wakes up & smells the coffee!! 

Yeah and it is a shame because she really is nice but she needs to make sure her dog is property contained, and she lives right next door so that makes it harder. 

And since she is taking that dog to the same dog trainer we had I warned them of what happened.  If they give that dog a CGC certificate that can be a real problem

oh my gosh :( these attack stories sure aren't fun. Glad you're alright Jay! I think I need to carry something with me when we're out for walks as well =\ more and more people are getting their kids a dog but doesn't want to properly care for them. The end result is a very nervous, territorially-aggressive dog that charges to people once let loose. My baby lets out a warning growl, but he's just too soft to defend any of us :(

It's good to know the dogs had your back and protected you - aswell as eachother. Hope you all are okay though.

I really loathe coming across dogs when I take Bigby for a walk, because 9/10 they growl and lunge at us. It's so refreshing when I actually  get to see a friendly dog and let Bigby interact with 'em.

Sorry to read your post Jason :(  Though glad you and your boys are ok and came out of it relatively unharmed :)

It's good they protected you and each other, mine were just scared :(

It's so frustrating when owners aren't responsible as it's not really the dogs fault, here's hoping it never happens again :)