Decisions Decisions (2Nd Dog Or Not)

malagirl

So there is a pretty known malamute musher here. She is also a breeder, however she is trying to rehome some working harness trained malamutes. That would be prefect for me because I am not sure if I want to go through the puppy route. I want to build a mushing team. I keep going back and forth on the issue. My husband said it is up to me. what should I do? gahh!

You're thinking about it, which means you know you're going to end up with a second...... It's just a matter of when!! Lol

Getting a second husky was the best thing I did.... And adoption really is a great option :)

Now if I said you should just go have a look you know that means you'll bring one home.....so arrange to go see ;)

A working dog is going to require a job. It's good to hear that you're planning to build a mushing team, because if you don't, that dog might be too much hard work for a regular household :) as long as the two K9s get along, why not? :P 

Yes I made arrangements with the breeder/musher to see her dogs. She also does sled dog tours with mals, its something I want to do. She was happy about talking to be because I do have malamute experience. I grew up with working dogs, my husband did too (mine was herding and his was hunting). I know it's a lot of work. We go on runs with maggie 3-4 times a week, (4-6 miles) I hope we know what we are getting our selves into. The whole idea is to get one that gets along with Maggie. Maggie like most female malamutes is iffy with other females. We most likely will get a male.