None Of Mine Are Escaping At Camp This Year.

Andy

OK so Just spent just under £150 on three EzyDog Convert Harness for my three.

Second day out in them Darwin manages to back out of his, He stopped to drink out of a puddle I gave him a tug on the lead, he did a shimmy and was out of it

Fortunately for me the dumb lad ran up between 2 houses that had their back gates shut. So I was able to grab him pretty quick.

anyhoo I decided to find some way of making sure he was still connected if this happened again.

This is my solution.

Got 3 Doublers,  (for walking 2 dogs on one lead.) another £18. . . . sigh

Thread the doubler through the big D ring on the harness and clip both ends onto the normal collar round the neck.

So if bright boy decides to back out of it again, the harness is still attached to his collar.

Doubler

post-1354-0-36404600-1398252526_thumb.jp

Full set up

post-1354-0-81590600-1398252563_thumb.jp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oops what a terror! Good old Darwin escaping again., remember having to catch him in the dark at the mini oxford camp we had lol

I am pretty sure he has escaped at every camp and meet we've been to.

Houdini has nothing on him

Looks good see if it works lol

The only way we'll know is if he backs out of it again.

and I'd rather not. . . if it's all the same :)

Lol mine have k9s but I have to say I am worried they could back out when tied up lol

They are essentially the same harness.

I tugged forward not very hard, Darwin pulled backwards.

He Shimmied and it just slipped over his head, I think he kind of pulled his shoulder blades in and whoosh it was off.

Hopefully my addition will keep him connected if it happens again

Understandable :)

Looking forward to seeing you all at camp :)

Not long now  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lol. This made me smile.

I'm lucky Smokey is a rare, uninterested in escaping type of husky.

Zeeva on the other hand...uff!

WOW we have polar opposites.

Darwin is an escape artist and Echo will stay by my side on or off lead (unless I'm throwing a ball for her)

I know for the Julius ones, you can buy an extra strap (yes, more money!) that links the strap across the neck to the strap under the chest, basically between the front legs which "supposedly" makes it harder for the straps to part enough to let the dog back out. I've looked at these as Myshka still tries the Houdini routine from time to time but I've just not got round to ordering one yet. And I would never tie the dogs up to a stake out line or similar in just the harness now, I wouldn't trust them to contain the dog at all  :huh:

http://julius-k9.co.uk/y-belt-with-neoprene-material-for-powerharness-size-1-3-162bg-p-13

That strap I was on about. Though in the video, I'm not sure why he undoes the chest strap as well as the Velcro on the strap, but hey ho  :P

Just watched the video and that would not have stopped Darwin pulling backwards out of the Easydog

All I can see that strap doing is stopping the whole harness from rolling side to side as much as it does.

It stops the legs being able to get out, from what others have told me when I asked the question about Myshka backing out. The harness shouldn't roll from side to side either, maybe there is a bit too much play in it which will give more escape room. I'll look at readjusting Mysh's & see if it makes a difference

It stops the legs being able to get out, from what others have told me when I asked the question about Myshka backing out. The harness shouldn't roll from side to side either, maybe there is a bit too much play in it which will give more escape room. I'll look at readjusting Mysh's & see if it makes a difference

I got the large for Darwin and the strap is at maximum length and I can just get two fingers between the strap and his belly if I push..

Even if he backs out now the doubler connected between the harness D ring and his flat neck collar will keep him attached to the lead.

I'll just have to refit it back on him but he wont get away.

Done this for all 3 although the other 2 have never been a problem.