Does Your Husky 'answer You Back'?

Martian

As soon as we 'acquired' Skye we noted that she was extremely 'vocal', (but not in the delightful way that Luna talks to us), as Skye will always 'verbally protest' whenever she is chastised!

She will start to wail and she has a broad repertoire of 'favourite' frequencies and she will shift from one pitch to another without pausing and the resulting 'banshee wail' sometimes lasting in excess of 20 seconds!

It would be, almost, comical but, (if heard by somebody who does not know Skye), they might assume that Skye is being tortured such is the nature of the wailing!

Skye has done this from the first day we collected her although I am pleased to report that the frequency of said outbursts has reduced considerably but she will still protest if, for example, we 'tell' her to take a 'time out whenever her 'play fighting' gets a little too rough with Cassie!

Yeah, Both Darwin and Daughtry will "answer back" if we tell them off for something. . . it's too funny :D

yep, if you tell him off he will stand bolt upright and stare straight at you going "woof!  woof!  woof!"  in a very angry manner......then he loses his bottle and either runs off or lays down on the floor, because really he's just a big baby trying to act tough, lmao.  :rofl:

Shiloh is a talker too. Especially when getting her meals ready, she jumps up at the side and will get told off and asked to sit and then she goes all "woo roh roh wooooo" in a stroppy way as if I'm not filling her bowl quick enough. Generally she just chats away when she can't have her way, then works her way through the commands she's learnt in the hope that will get her what she wants haha

She talks to her reflection as well which amuses us.

I love her chattyness ... Except when she's left alone and squeals as if being murdered!

Very interesting and good to know that I am not the only one worrying about what the neighbours may be thinking!

Luna doesn't answer back, (not in keeping with her persona - we call her 'Princess Luna' due to her regal aura), but she will talk for England with a little encouragement!

Champ doesn't talk back to me but there's a husky that goes to husky meets named Sheriff who likes to talk back to his Mom whenever she gets on him about something.  "Sheriff!  Stop that!" "Arooo, roo, ro." it's hilarious, we all laugh at him, it's even funnier cause he'll turn and look at her to do it.

Champ doesn't talk back to me but there's a husky that goes to husky meets named Sheriff who likes to talk back to his Mom whenever she gets on him about something.  "Sheriff!  Stop that!" "Arooo, roo, ro." it's hilarious, we all laugh at him, it's even funnier cause he'll turn and look at her to do it.

I was just wondering if Sheriff has a Husky housemate named Kava?  :o

I was just wondering if Sheriff has a Husky housemate named Kava?  :o

Nope, his brothers are Demon and Ace...Ace is from the same rescue as my Champy, they were there at the same time and after Ace was returned three times his sponsor finally broke down and adopted him, he's a talker to, you can hear him demanding that she walk faster from the parking lot lol

Yup...Freya is a real talker!! I come in from work and ask how her day was and she rattles on for about 5 mins. LOL I'm like " Really?? And what did she do then?...." LOL

Kyra just stands there looking at her as if to say " i didn't say that!!" It makes me chuckle every day!

But yeah if she's done something wrong its always my fault and she lets me know it! She's a proper nagging woman!