Hi all,

Chiming in from Ottawa, Canada with a pack of three huskies... And a litter of pups at the moment. Like most said, huskies are unlike any other breed. I have rescued Sasha and Shiloh and bought Maya. Interestingly, only Maya behaves like a dog. Sasha and Shiloh consider themselves human, and will tell you as much to your face in the great song of the wolf tongue of theirs.

If anyone lives in eastern Ontario and would like to trade tips, meet up or cross-genes in the future, I hope to hear from you.

Here is my pack:

-Sasha, 9 year old female amazing friend and resident love seat owner. Great conversationalist. Regretfully, fixed.

uqemesaq.jpg

-Maya, 5 year old female 'stealth thief' and local neurotic, also dam to the litter. Also known as 'numb-nuts'. In human terms, mentally unhinged :)

nunyquhe.jpg

-Shiloh, 3(?) year old male, biggest smart-arse and resident locksmith. Speaks English. Free spirt that stays around on the honour system. He joined us only a couple of months ago as an adult rescue. Hands down the most amazing animal I have ever had pleasure of knowing.

a9aguta2.jpg

-And the March 15th litter (Szaryk, T'n'T, Ayana, Meta. Kakuk and Kapik)

zy6ude5a.jpg

A bit about myself;- I am a nerd by training, but a biologist at heart. Recently I have had some health trouble which left me staying home, hence the litter of puppies (long story). Living out in the country has afforded me space for a three-pack (sic) of Huskies and enough space to have a chicken coop, rabbits and many tasty veggie patches around the yard. Right now I am enjoying the fun exercise of raising a litter of six pups. It's rewarding, but loud! Man, can the little ones howl when they want milk. Oh, I also love photography, I guess it was my way of bringing my 'nerd-life' into my real life.

Cheers,

Tom

Goingsolo - 1700s, life sounded a whole bunch more exhilarating back then. That's of course looking through the rose coloured glasses of history. However, I can't help but wonder if frontier life would have been more my style.

Oh how I agree with living in the wilderness of the 18 / 19 centuries ... but where'd I connect my laptop??

Welcome to the forum, btw!!

My hubby would agree with you, he was born on the wrong continent in the wrong century, on the plains on horseback during the 1800's much more his style, hence the amount of western, native american and wolf memorabilia dotted around the house. We spend weekends with like minded people.