Are Husky Owners Strange :)

Clare70

Not sure if this has ever been asked before but do you think to be a husky owner you have to be a little bit strange?  I say this in the nicest of ways, not saying you have to be some kind of nutter but huskies aren't exactly poodles, so surely one has to be a bit odd to want to own one.

Oh dear, as I'm writing this I'm imagining all of the back lash headed my way, I really should just press the delete button.

Personally I like a challenge and have never taken the 'easy route' so maybe that's why I have huskies.  Does that make me strange?  Well according to my family, yes it does!  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I wasn't a little "strange" then me & Skye wouldn't get on so well, I certainly wouldn't be able to read her like I do lol.....I'm happy to say I'm a happily strange husky mum!

Phew!  Glad I'm not the only one :)

I'm not sure if I'm strange, or crazy. :) But I am definitely one or the other, or a combination of both. It takes a certain level of determination to deal with a husky, that is for sure. 

Just yesterday on our morning walk, a nice little golden got out of her car (unleashed) with her mom, she started heading towards us and the mom said "Cassie, come back" and the dog didn't skip a beat! Turned right around and went up to the house without even paying attention to Chula. My poor Chu was chomping at the bit thinking "OH WHAT FUN A DOG TO JUMP ON!".

Stubborn little monkeys they are!

I'm surprised you even have to ask, lol. ;) .

TBH I think I am in need of reinsurerance that I'm not the only one to admit they're a bit strange.  I know you are Emma that goes without saying :)

Just wondered if everyone else considered themselves 'normal' owning huskies.

Weird how?? Lol I'm not sure I'm weird but then maybe I am I don't care about being covered in fur or if it's in my dinner etc lol

Exactly Nix, how did I become to not care if my car, bed, clothes, sofa are covered in fluff?  When did I start laying on the floor to cuddle up to my dogs and when did I start walking endless miles everyday whether its peeing down or boiling hot?

Oh I know, when I became a husky owner :)

To become a husky owner takes an extra amount of dedication and patience than your regular dog. To the outside world we must look bonkers but that's only because they don't share the same passion we do for our husky friends. It's not about being weird so much as determind and passionate. :)

To become a husky owner takes an extra amount of dedication and patience than your regular dog. To the outside world we must look bonkers but that's only because they don't share the same passion we do for our husky friends. It's not about being weird so much as determind and passionate. :)

Too true!  I don't think other non husky owners get it.  They don't know what they're missing :)

You need to be at least a tiny little bit crazy to have a Husky or any other Northern breeds IMO :lol: who in their right minds would ever want to deal with:

- a dog that sheds so heavily you could actually make another dog out of the fur he shed

- a dog designed to pull; not only sleds but its owners too

- a dog so cat-like you start to question whether you're a dog person or a cat person

- a dog so intelligent he's smart enough to not listen to you

- a dog so adventurous you need to purchase a tall fence you wouldn't have needed should the dog is not here

- a dog so stubborn he doesn't come when called; forcing you to burn your lungs to ashes every time he escapes

- a dog so sensitive you need to get him a grain-free food, which is unquestionably a lot more expensive than grain-based brands

:shrug:

BUT: that is the exact reason why Husky owners are so special :)

Come on Jos, don't keep us waiting :)

Am not planning on uploading separate videos. Like I did two years ago I've been wanting to make a full edited movie/documentary out of it again. It most likely will take a couple of months for me to work through but the first video will obviously be out earlier than that. I will not give an ETA as I just want to make it as best as possible. It will take a while but believe me, the end result will be worth it :)