Not A Very Healthy Day.

Emma

I came back from camp on Sunday with something extra I hadnt bargained for, some cold germs. Not been too bad but last night it really came out big time. Still I managed to force myself up and ready for the school run and work this morning. Feel like death warmed up but Nevermind.

Literally the minute I turned up at work the boss took one look at me and said "god you don't look good, your skin is really pale, we've got a few children phoned in sick so you can go home". Charming! Noone wants me around today as i might Infect them and ruin their bank holiday weekend, lol.

Next one of the kids hears my voice and asks me "Emma, why do you sound like a little old lady, a little old lady with a big bum bum". Good grief, is it insult Emma day today or what?! Lol

So now im sitting on the sofa with my pale skin, not good face, and big butt drinking a cup of tea, lol. Think I should of just stayed in bed! :rofl:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too brought home welsh germs.

monday I woke up at camp feeling bad. 

tuesday I woke up at home feeling like i wanted to curl up and die. So I did just that,

yesterday I felt a tiny bit better after going to bed at 8:30pm tuesday.

today i feel a tiny bit better except its in my chest and im asthmatic.

tonight i have work boooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

I too brought home welsh germs.

monday I woke up at camp feeling bad. 

tuesday I woke up at home feeling like i wanted to curl up and die. So I did just that,

yesterday I felt a tiny bit better after going to bed at 8:30pm tuesday.

today i feel a tiny bit better except its in my chest and im asthmatic.

tonight i have work boooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Hope you feel better soon, you using your brown inhaler? Might be worth having a chat with the asthma nurse.

My weakness is my stomach, normally a cold goes straight to my tummy and makes me violently sick all day. So far no puking, so I'm very happy, will take a cold over stomach flu any day of the week.

Lay off the wine and treat yourself to a hot honey tea. Wrap yourself in a warm blanket and hibernate. Should the cold persists, see a doctor. 

Get well soon Emma, Louise, and Big Bum Bum :wave:

:rofl: hey! Not you too! I'm getting paranoid about my bottom now! Lol.

be proud LOL some people spend thousands to get what you have now :P 

btw: gooooosh I didn't realize it's stomach flu :( skip all steps and go see a doctor then. I remember I threw up 3-4 times daily when I have stomach flu. Nasty, nasty, illness =\

Hope you feel better soon, you using your brown inhaler? Might be worth having a chat with the asthma nurse.

My weakness is my stomach, normally a cold goes straight to my tummy and makes me violently sick all day. So far no puking, so I'm very happy, will take a cold over stomach flu any day of the week.

lol yes I am using my brown inhaler, only time I need it is when im ill.

since its mostly a cold im not sure they can do anything

my chests rattly. and coughs can set me off on an attack :/

btw: gooooosh I didn't realize it's stomach flu :( skip all steps and go see a doctor then. I remember I threw up 3-4 times daily when I have stomach flu. Nasty, nasty, illness =\

No it's not this time, honestly I'm fine, just a common cold but as I have something wrong with my stomach it's normal and expected to be throwing up too. Usually lasts for 24 hours straight, I'm sick every hour like clockwork (could set your watch by it, lol) and then goes away as suddenly as it came. ive been like that since I was a kid, no idea why it affects me like that, it just does. Thanks for caring but honestly I'm fine. :)

Emma, you're probably sick because of the glands in your body swell.  My daughter always throws up when she has a cold for this exact reason. :(

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. I have stomach issues with nausea anyway and just figured it was part of that same problem. This might sound strange but it's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one who ends up like that. Makes me feel less weird, lol.

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. I have stomach issues with nausea anyway and just figured it was part of that same problem. This might sound strange but it's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one who ends up like that. Makes me feel less weird, lol.

Sorry Emma but you are weird :)

I think you are quite a 'small' person, like my daughter.  When ever she gets a sore throat, cold etc her glands swell in her tum and then she throws up, always has.  Hope you're feeling better soon :)

Next time I say "oh it's not too bad" can somebody please tell me to shut up? Lol. Spent thursady night unable to sleep as ifelt ill, Friday morning being sick, and Friday evening zonked out on the sofa, lol.

Today my mind is back to normal and bouncing around merrily but unfortunately my body can't keep up, lol. Having a battle between what I want to do vs what I'm physically capable of doing. Getting a tad frustrated but the worst is behind me so the only way is up from here on. :yahoo:

Thanks Clare but honestly i will Hoover this house today even if it kills me. Can't stand all this mess, makes me feel like I'm a tramp, lol. Doesn't help that ice keeps finding my dirty tissues and shredding them on the floor, he thinks they're a delicacy, dirty beast!

Oops you may have caught that from me - I was ill all throughout camp, i ached constantly and felt awful took me 3 days to eat anything x

Lol, yep that sounds pretty familiar. How it managed to spread to so many of us is a mystery. It's not like we went around snogging everyone, lol.