I Am New !!!

Mishka1993

Hello guys, I am a new husky owner and new to this forum. 
I have a male husky Mishka , he's six months at the moment. 
He is very lazy and very laid-back and very friendly  :P  :P 

Also I have a question, Mishka poos 6 -7 times a day, is that normal for a husky puppy ?

Thank you 

10271182_661892053858720_816086378074294

Hi there and welcome to the forum! :wave: He's a handsome boy! :D

Is his poo firm? They do poo more often when they're little but that does sound quite a lot! Is it small amounts? Possibly he's not letting it all out in one go, just little and often? Last guess is what food is he on? Some brands create more waste products than others.

Hello and welcome! 

that seems like a lot of poo!  How much are you feeding?  How are the poo's?  (consistency).  I know that when mine were that age they would go like 4-5 times a day, but now usually go 2-3 times.

Thanks for the reply guys !!
He's on Wainwrights turkey and brown rice at the moment ( my friends and the vet recommended it to me ) 
When he poos in the morning, the poos are firm but when he poos in the afternoon, the poos is soft if that helps. 
I used to feed him 3 meals a day but now I only feed him breakfast and dinner. 

Hello and thanks for his picture, he looks adorable :)

My pup used to go 5, 6 or 7 times a day, becoming softer with each motion.  He also used to inhale his food so not sure if this was part of the problem.  After a while he seemed to sort himself out and when I changed to feeding twice a day it seemed all the better still.

As long as it's not runny and you're not over feeding then I wouldn't worry.

How much do you feed him btw?

:)

Hello and welcome! You have a very handsome boy there :0)

Regarding his toileting, I wonder if you are over feeding him?

Skye goes 3 to 4 times a day and she's only just over 4 months, we did have an issue with lots of poo and them being quite runny, I found I was over feeding her so have cut down the amount recommended on the bag (I feed taste of the wild pacific stream puppy food) and she also has raw chicken wings every other day and that's regulated not only how much she goes but also the firmness :0)

I feed him the right amount ( there's a guide chart on the back of the wainwrights package) 
Sometimes his poo is really runny sometimes is solid. 

Thank you everyones reply, they are all helpful  :)  :)  :)

PS * I only feed him twice a day, breakfast and dinner 

Welcome to the forums. :)

In my experience, the chart on the back of the bag doesn't apply to huskies. Huskies have very efficient metabolisms, and they often don't need as much as the back of the bag says they do.

For example, if I were to follow the back of the bag for mine (Taste of the Wild), I would have to feed my boy 4 cups a day. This would be overfeeding him, and would cause him to have runny/soft poo. He's only fed once a day (2 cups).

Yeah you will look at the food and think it isn't enough TBH but honestly you dont need to feed AS much as what it says on the actual bag. However he is a growing pup i would go by the poo (lol sorry) and if its firm and not soft etc i wouldn't worry about it. If its soft i would lower the food SLIGHTLY not loads just slightly :)

My two were awful on dry food for poo they would go 5-6 times per day!!! On raw they only go twice now :)

Oh also welcome to the forum he is lovely :D

Word of warning with changing brand of food is it can cause runny poo also so do it gradually if you are going to change :) However i think Wainrights is fine its what i had mine on when i had them on dry :)

If he is developing I wouldn't change his food just lower the amount.  My pup would and could eat enough for all of the dogs on this forum, he always seemed hungry and because he was under fed before we got him I was reluctant to reduce his food intake.  The downside was he would poo often and it would be at best soft ice cream like and at worst liquid.

I cut his food intake right back, ignoring what the packet says and gradually i time we got to the right amount and his poo was fine.

If you are changing dry food brands then it needs to be done ideally over 7-10 days, adding small amounts of the new food to the old.  After 3-4 days, increase new food amount, say half and half and then 7-10 days build it up until it's nearly all the new type of food.  Don't forget though that you may have the same problem with a new brand if you are over feeding, plus he may not like it.

If he likes his current food then I'd personally stick with that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply guys !!! 
Me and my boyfriend both think it's because we fed him too much treats and caused his poo looses. 
So we stopped giving him too much treats and he poo less now. 

Thank you for all the help  ;)  ;)  ;)