Names

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

lol I looked on google for husky names and one of the first ones that come up was Lexus and we looked at his picture that we had been sent from the breeder and instantly knew that was his name! We only call him Lexus when he has been naughty he is Lex otherwise lol as soon as he hears Lexus he puts his head down between his legs like he knows he has done wrong its so cute then you can't be mad at him because its so cute i am sure he does it on purpose because he knows you find it cute!!

• 2 weeks later...

With most of ours we've used the name they came with :).

Although, many years ago, we did have one husky named Soren who had been born in quarantine from Sweden - fortunately, the people who brought him in to the country gave him the pet name Blaze. As we already had a husky named Seren at the time, having a Soren in the house would probably have been too confusing.

AJ.

Because she's white my daughter wanted to call her Moonbeam. Now I can just hear myself saying Moonbeam over and over all day. lol It became Luna instead, and at times it becomes Luna-tic, or Looney-tunes. Both fit. Mostly its Luna now tho. She's getting better with age. Although she has been taking more of the bed lately, unlike the ex wife, she doesn't take any blankets.

• 1 month later...

We named Gizmo on the same day we first saw him. We decided on the name with his little cries he was making which, to me, sounded like Gizmo from the Gremlins film (which is one of my fave films and Gizmo is my fave character on that film). The breeder was so proud that we named him Gizmo as she agreed with me that they do sound like little Gizmo's when they cry.

Marley's name was easy as we are all fans of Bob Marley and the breeder we bought him from (along with Bandit) said that he was like him mum and very laid back so we named him Marley as he was laid back like Bob Marley was (Apart from Marley doesn't smoke wakey backy).

Bandit was a little harder. Me, Jamie and Paul (Jamies dad) had though of a name each. We had a choice of Bandit, Shadow or Darko and none of us could decide so we let Gizmo decide. We got 3 of his fave treats and laid them on the floor and placed a name next to each treat and the first treat he ate was the name we would choose. So he went over and picked up the treat for Shadow and then put that one back down and ate Bandit so we chose Bandit. Im glad he did choose Bandit now as he has a Bandit 'mask' around his eyes and he has got a bandit's attitude sometimes, lol.

allways said when i got my husky i would name it Gnasher after Dennis the Menace's dog ... my childhood idol LOL still is .... but when i saw Tikaani i just knew that the name would be wrong for her.. so i trolled thru websites, Eskimo,Navajo languages for inspiration came accross "SH-TY-YA" meaning MY STRENGTH or "TIKAANI" meaning WOLF.

really liked SHTYYA ( i think thats how it was spelt ) but no doubt u have realised what people would call her for short.. so TIKAANI is was then.... as for Nikita she came with that name...

now for those of you who are sceptical like i am about fate answer this question :

TIKAANI was born Feb 08 my friends who had NIKITA hadn't even got her then .. so even i hadn't seen or heard of her.. NIKITA came to me only few months ago. ( im her 6th and last home )

right heres the fate part..

take the letters from........ T I K A A N I ........ jumble them and take away 1 letter A...

and you get.......... N I K I T A ..

i like the thought that whether coincidence or fate ... NIKITA was meant to come to me ..

lol i like the go away 1 thats well funni my mum thought up blaze as i had sed blizzard then that just popped up so hes bin blaze (we chose the name when we 1st saw him at 4 days old lol) and we wanted his kc to have his name in it but we cudnt think ov anythink so BLAZE-ing thunder it was

• 5 years later...