This Dog Is So Stubborn!

Chula

Do your huskies do this?

If I want her to come in the house, she will sit about 3 feet away from the door and wait to see WHY I want her to come in the house. I can actually see the wheels in her husky brain turning. She will refuse to come in, until I close the door and then she jumps up on it begging to come in. Until I open the door, and then she will sit there and once again try to discern why I want her inside!

If I want her to go outside, she will slink down and slowly walk towards the screen door that I am holding open, with one eye towards me, to see WHY I want her to go outside. She will sit three feet from the open door, wait until I get frustrated and close it, and then go running up to the door as if she was always headed that way.

If we are in the house, and I try to get her to come close to me for love, or hugs, or to put on her harness, or for pretty much anything, even treats these days, she will come towards me and lay down just far enough that I can't actually touch her, and then she will will WOO at me, as if announcing that she will not get close until she knows WHY I am telling her to.

She has always been this way a little, but recently it's for EVERYTHING!! She is such a little brat!

Edited by Chula

Ha ha, Ice does this too but he's not thinking why? He's waiting for a treat. Apparently he feels he should be rewarded for coming into the house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikko does this all the time!  I will let him outside and he will want inside again and jump on the door.  Then I will open it and he will run around lol.  And when its time for walkies he will run around for me to catch him! 

If it's any consolation, you're not alone :shrug: Dime feels the need to celebrate the fact that I'm taking him out for an afternoon walk by running around the house; towards every direction but mine  :mellow: the "I want out/ I want in" thing is also frustrating. He could yell and scratch at the door for a good five minutes and the moment I open the door he'd sit a meter away from it wearing a goofy grin! Argh! Make up your mind, you monster! 

Yep, mine do the same :) When it's winter we keep the door to where the dogs sleep closed as it's not heated, so Harry will woo at me to come in.  I open the door and say 'come' and he just sits there looking at me as if I'm speaking Russian to him.  So rather than stand with the door open and freeze I close it again, only for him to jump up and woo.  

We go through this about half a dozen times before I finally open the door, take him by his collar and drag him in.  He then pinches my seat on the sofa and has a big old grin on his face.  Naughty puppy :)