My Brother

Sarah

For those that know my brother, or who met him at camp, you'll know he's disabled (brain damage)

Today he had to go to the hospital to have 2 teeth out and because he doesn't like change or pain, (who does!) he had to have a pre med, and was then put under general anaesthetic.  

My mum and dad took him and had a family liaison nurse with them too who had taken him a couple of weeks before to show him around so he could meet people so it wasn't as daunting when he went today.

He was soooooo brave!  normally he kicks, bites, lashes out etc but today he took his pre med (drops) and got the giggles lol  then went drowsy and wanted to cuddle mum.

He was under for 2 hours and they did the full works on him, every single tooth was x-ray'd too as they can't do that when he's awake.

I'm going down next month to see my parents and Jonathan again and have promised him that I will take him out and treat him for being so brave.

That's my sunshine and lollipops post for today 

From one very proud sister :)

aww well done to your brother, he's a lot braver than me. I had to be fully sedated for a tooth pull. I blabber like a baby before I get there and after. Hope its a good treat :D

Jonathon is a legend. :up:

When he hasn't seen you for 6 months and runs up and gives you a big hug.

Everything suddenly gets better.

Love the big guy :D

Jonathan has great parents and a great sister. Wish him well.

aww this has made me smile a lot this morning too :)

He's definitely brave! Hope he's feeling well!

Where are you going to take him for his treat?!

He loves going to the arcades - they live at the sea side now, so will take him there and then take him for an ice cream :)

He loves going to the arcades - they live at the sea side now, so will take him there and then take him for an ice cream :)

aww that will be a lovely day out :) Can't beat an ice cream by the sea side ... And chippy shop chips!

aww that will be a lovely day out :) Can't beat an ice cream by the sea side ... And chippy shop chips!

mmmmmm the chippy near them sells amazing whale and chips - i say whale as it's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

mmmmmm the chippy near them sells amazing whale and chips - i say whale as it's HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

I was like :o WHALE!?! ... haha I have post night shift confusion! Then I read on and saw you didn't mean actual whale haha

Where do they live?

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

LMAO  They live in Prestatyn now - they moved last year when they retired, well Dad semi retired, he's still working a few days a week in Manchester.  It's great them being there for camp as it's a 15 min drive from camp to their house so i store all the camp stuff in their garage :D