Think I Broke The Laptop?!

Emma

Earlier on it was working perfectly as it always does. However just went to turn it on and can hear it going through the start up process but the screens blank. The back light is working fine but it's not projecting the images from windows that it should be. It's not showing anything at all! Lol.

Before you say it yes I have tried turning it off and back on again, several times! Tried angling the screens position incase it's a loose connection, giving it a little whack didn't help either, lol.

Oh dear, it's not looking good! 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Share my wine?! Not likely!!! [emoji2]

Well you never know the glass might have got a little bit heavy. Or tipped before you noticed.

It's fn + f4 on my old Compaq; since I don't know what she has anything would have been a guess.

I have you at a slight disadvantage. I know the OS she has (had) lol

Earlier on it was working perfectly as it always does. However just went to turn it on and can hear it going through the start up process but the screens blank. The back light is working fine but it's not projecting the images from windows that it should be. It's not showing anything at all! Lol.

Before you say it yes I have tried turning it off and back on again, several times! Tried angling the screens position incase it's a loose connection, giving it a little whack didn't help either, lol.

Oh dear, it's not looking good! 😳

this might sound stupid but do u have any USBs plugged into it? Mine will do that same if there is but works fine if there's not

windows key + P for external monitor

Yep, that made the monitor show an image, took a pic to prove it, lol.

Please don't tell me that means windows itself is corrupted again. vyjaqu5y.jpg

hahaqevy.jpg

Already ran a start up diagnostic which came back clean, now running the memory one.

Personally, I reckon it's the start up process, had an issue with it last year which resulted in me having to reformat the whole laptop. Took ages, don't wanna have to do it Again if I can help it.

Check your manual, most laptops have an option for an external monitor and if you hit the key combination to use the external monitor you'll see what you're seeing.

It's a hp g62, running windows 7. I didn't put up the specs etc.. As tbh I was expecting it to be a hardware fault rather than software. Paul fixes hardware faults in this house so I tend to steer clear or run the risk at getting shouted at! Lol

this might sound stupid but do u have any USBs plugged into it? Mine will do that same if there is but works fine if there's not

Thanks Nix but nope. I always unplug my stuff as soon as I've used it. I don't use the USB ports very often tbh, headphones mainly.

upasa9ez.jpg

Bugger. Missed the end result of the memory test, came back to the user password screen. I logged in as usual and it launched successfully. Now I'm afraid to turn it off incase it won't come back on again, lol.

Glad it's working now :clap:

Well I turned it off and rebooted it and touch wood it seems to be fine, still telling me to change the battery, lol, so must be working properly.

• 4 weeks later...