Anyone Ever Used One Of These? - Dog Car Hammock

Dave

So looking at getting a new car soon but trying to avoid the estate option to gain extra fuel economy as Kodi is only in the car 5% of the time I'm driving it.

The boot isn't really big enough so I've been trying to look for other options and came across this, its just over £20 and allows access for a seat belt and should keep him on the back seats while keeping dirt off them quite nicely.

post-2303-0-90394100-1399457274.jpg

post-2303-0-79607800-1399457275.jpg

post-2303-0-86157700-1399457273.jpg

post-2303-0-72090300-1399457272_thumb.jp

Your thoughts, I think it will work really well myself as I never have anyone on the back seats and if I did you can separate it to allow use of one of the seats? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never seen one of these before but heck that could work for you and Kodi...esp if he is not in the car that often...no messy backseat to clean or worry if he gets in there wet...

I have one but never hook the front bits to the front seats.  My girl just sits in the back (on this cover ) with her harness clipped to the seat belt .  I was thinking that the uncertainty of the loose base would cause the dog to be more stressed if it tried standing up.  You know what dogs are like if they are uncertain of the ground.

I think it wouldn't make too much noise, not too much rustling and crackling anyways

I would look at using it without the bit attached to the front headrests but Kodi would be consistently trying to get into the front so would have to utilize that function... He should be ok once he gets used to the fact that some of it flexes when he stands on it.. it's more to give him the space to lay down. When he is sitting it wouldn't be an issue as he would be on the seat.

we have one similar to that but without sides.  it is great at keeping the seats clean but when when after 2 washes the waterproof backing is cracking off.

I may just go for a wipe down clean then... prolong the life of it a little better... do you think that would work?

We have something similar to that for our back seats. Works well at keeping the hair off the seats and it's waterproof too so it can catch sabre's sick lol!

Bless him, hopefully he'll get better as he gets older 

It looks good but how strong is it?  I could see my two tearing it :(

Yeah that is one of my concerns to be honest, as long as it's thick enough Kodi will be ok with it.... I think I may just order it and see

I was just thinking actually, may chuck a towel in the hammock which would eliminate the noise, add a little strength and act as a nice soft cushion for him lol

that would work I think...

I was just thinking actually, may chuck a towel in the hammock which would eliminate the noise, add a little strength and act as a nice soft cushion for him lol

That's what we do and it seems to work great. :-) The one you're looking at looks better than ours cuz it's got the side bits as well!

Where did u get that? That looks awesome! The one I have is flimsy and doesn't cover the seats very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Found it on eBay... It'll be shipped from China if I order it which I think I will