Anyone Ever Used One Of These? - Dog Car Hammock

Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one in my backseat. I have been using it for 4 years and only just recently had to replace it. I paid $10-15 on Amazon - my reason for getting it was Odin as a puppy would get terribly car sick. This remedied the situation for him as it eliminates the leg area in the back seat. He was always very scared of falling in that hole and would get so worked up that he'd eventually throw up or have diarrhea. Poor guy...so I found that a back seat hammock was the solution.

The one that I use makes minimal noise even with all the dirt it has collected. My car is nothing to write home about but I used to keep it spotless. After I got huskies I gave up completely on trying to keep the car clean. I use my hammock solely to relieve the stress driving in the car used to cause Odin - he is fine now but I love the idea of it so I will continue using it for as long as I have dogs. The one you posted Dave looks much, MUCH better built than the one I have. I am sure you will love it!

Ok so I took Kodi out for his first trip using the new hammock.

It took him a little while to get used to it (10/15 minutes) then he was absoultly fine. He did unclip the seatbelt once by tanding on the clip so I added a small lead to the clip to give him a little more room to move about. Once he had this, he laid down nicely and slept the rest of the way. He seems to enjoy looking out the front and he seems to like the fact that he is in his own little 'cacoon' when he is laying down.

Overall I am very please with it and I would definitly recommend it :up:

I will take some pictures next time we are out and upload them all for you to see :)

Hey I like that one! Mine is identical to that except it doesn't have the side skirts and it's from AKC...I LoVE mine and even better if it had the side skirts! Keeps mud and dirty off my seat and keeps a lot of the hair down

I really want to get it, but all they carry is red on amazon. I might see if anyone else carries it in other colors

Yeah I would like to find blue to match my interior

• 1 month later...

So, what's the verdict now?  I did see some mixed reviews on if it holds up for larger dogs, and that the straps are cheap.  I would have to get it on Amazon.com since the one on e-bay won't ship to the US