Mystery Of The Missing Page

mydiamond

This whole story starts when I received my I-20 document from Michigan State. I-20 is basically a three-page document that states "this person is REALLY looking to study in the US and she REALLY is not a terrorist. Let her in!". I know it's an important document so I read through it for a while and put it inside a secure folder. I didn't touch it until the time comes for me to apply for a student visa. That is when I realize I only have page one and page three of my I-20. Needless to say, I panicked. I e-mailed the university staff only for her to throw my question to a mailing list with the note "can somebody help Liv and tell her whether this is a problem or not?". It's been 10 plus days and there's still no reply from that mailing list. So I did some Googling to find out what does page two says, and found out that there's nothing essential there. Page two only contains guidelines for students and schools about the importance of this I-20 document and... well, a whole lot of other stuffs. It's basically an information pack. Nothing else. That's when my brain says "hey! you can print it yourself!". Right! 

But nope I was wrong. No matter what I do, the .jpg file I downloaded from Google can not resemble the other two original pages. I'm afraid one suspicious-looking page would make the embassy staff assume I forged the entire document :( so far, this one missing page hasn't presented a problem yet. But my interview appointment with the US embassy is on 13th of May, and I'm very afraid it'd make a difference when presented to the staffs there. I posted a question in a US immigration help forum, but it is only apparent that the forum has been long abandoned. Spams are scattered everywhere and there's only ONE member online (me!). I'm freaking out. Where else do I go?? Why would the US government create a three-page long document when it only has one essential page anyways??

Liv', Did you have to sign and date ALL of the pages or just the last page or none at all ??

Print the page as best you can as long as the missing page is not the signed page then it's for information only.

You should be ok.

So you've learned something.

When you get important documents such as these, scan then and save them so you always have a copy.

Liv, just for the record our application for a US passport is 5 - 6 pages long, two of them are what get filled in and returned, the rest are informational only - excess verbiage - trash!  It's not unusual for our paperwork to have more informational pages than useful.

However, since you're concerned, I'd call the secretary of the embassy official you're supposed to meet and see if you need more than just the one "real" page from the uni.