Bless Em

mylilhuskyboyICE

So I'm waiting under a busstop and these three little 10yr old looking kids come along smoking ciggerettes, so they come under the shelter where it clearly says NO smoking. One of them starts having a go at their friend saying "nah u can't smoke under here you'll start a fight, its manners if u wanna smoke go outside" and so they all turned to me and were just like "do you mind if I smoke her?" Baring in mind its like blowing into my face so I was just like yeah sorry and they didn't take it as a rude comment and went straight outside the shelter. .. So although 10yr olds smoking is crappy, its good to see the younger generation isn't all bad (they shoulda been in school tho!) :o lol

I don't think the police could touch a ten year old full stop, isn't the age of criminal responsibility 12?

Although it was nice to show a fleeting amount of consideration I too am pretty shocked that they're turning into mini adults so young. I've got a ten year old and he's nowhere near that independant. His idea of being a grown up is making his own sandwich and even that's supervised! Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. . . 

Same as Alcohol.

It's not illegal for underage kids to smoke or drink

It's only illegal for them to PURCHASE tobacco products and alcohol.

I know it's crazy.

Basically yeah, but they do try to prevent it. For example, the fine threats, uhm preventing drinking in public places through council bylaws, being kicked out of a bar or reported if your in a family pub and your childs drinking alcohol. Ciggerettes are the same unfortunately, but everyone i know these days wont buy them anymore due to the threat of a 5k fine or prison i think it was if your caught on a number of occassions