Finally Moving Forward!

Mobezilla

Well this would have originally been a steam room note.. I've been at my job for over a year and worked very hard. I've done my best, been learning the floor, and been trying to move up for more hours. Well I've learned that a co-worker of mine, very sweet and I love her, but has been there less time than me and is younger than me, got offered and is taking a MANAGEMENT position at the other store a mile down the street. I am obviously very upset by this.. I feel like my company has slapped all my hard work in my face and that I mean nothing to them. I've also been told by my management that for the next few months during our busy season, I'm not allowed to request anymore sundays off?? and thats the day most our husky group meets are on.

SO. I followed a great opportunity. A job that with more hours that is full-time with benefits, pays more, etc. I wasn't sure if I'd get it but SO FAR I've had a phone interview, done a 2-hour long assessment online, which I've just been told I passed! She wants to schedule a face-to-face interview this upcoming tuesday or wednesday!! I'm so excited as well because IF I get this job, my boyfriend will help me put a down deposit on a van which I'll actually be able to afford since I'll be making more money! I'm very very thrilled at the prospect of moving up :D  :cheerleader:

I'd have been just as disgusted with a company that promoted a newer employee ahead of me, if you're union, there's probably a union claim there, if not (and I were feeling particularly irritated), I might be inclined to talk to EEO with the state.

But since it actually got you to the point that you're looking at a better paying job, I'd write it off to experience - but definitely let them know why you're leaving!

Let us know when you start work at the new job, there's no question in my mind that you can get it!!

Im sarcastic by nature (so my mother telks me lol) and would ask my boss if he lost my application. I do believe in fate, you were not meant for that job, you are meant for the new one, go for it and good luck xx

Good luck, husky paws and everything crossed for you here.

Thank you all for the wonderful support! I will of course keep you all updated, and appreciate all your amazing comments! Truly makes my day!

Al, I'm not too worried about it, I mean honestly the job isn't all that great, but I would've gotten promoted if they had taught me all the stuff that they PROMISED to teach me and I guess secretly taught this other girl? But instead of taking the time to teach me as well, they just focused solely on her. Which to be fair I actually pretty much know how to do everything just by being there so long, but I've not been 'officially' trained in it. If I get this new job I'll be a lot happier anyway, and I agree, I'm thinking along the lines of keeping it as experience to know better next time, but definitely going to express to my manager that the reason I'm leaving IS because I felt under appreciated by not even being considered for the position.

So far the newest update is interview on Wednesday at 10am!

UPDATE! I had the interview! I felt like I ROCKED it!! The interviewer was really nice, and I answered all the questions fully and to the best of my ability, I felt like I was really professionally dressed and gave a good impression. So she said early next week I should know no big deal... the waiting will be terrible but..

NOPE!

Got a call just about 20minutes ago... THEY OFFERED ME THE POSITION!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it! I just applied for this job 8 days ago, its moving so quick! Training starts on June 2nd, I'm giving my work my 2 weeks notice this monday, and I am WAY too excited to start a normal routine job during the week and to FINALLY have weekends free.. I am so thankful for this opportunity and I am thankful for this forums support, you guys are like my family and being able to share this news with all of you is absolutely wonderful :D