Guilt

Stormy

Why do I feel so guilty about crating my dogs??!!! I've done it since I got Skye and I don't get any issues with it no accidents and no noise they probably just sleep I even pay a dog walker to break up their crate time when I'm at work and they go for a walk! Never leave them without a long walk either. So what's wrong with me why am I feeling so guilty at the moment???!! I keep thinking how they can't get out and how they don't have loads of room... But I know shadow likes it as he's took himself to skyes crate to bed! (He switches between the two :S)

Can someone just reassure me it's fine to do what I do with them .... I want a new sofa and as I've recently discovered they chew when left out of crates! Lol

Due to an issue at marcs work today mine were crated from 8 till 3 when he got home they didnt want to come out! The were quite comfy

I think we all feel guilty at times about different things. Its for their safety hun what if they swallowed part of your sofa or something else and you didn't know

Don't beat yourself up x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

aww don't feel guilty, it's the best thing for their safety :)

And you have a dog walker too, so they are still getting some free time! plus, you give them attention too, so it's fine!!

I bet they love chilling out and snoozing away in their little dens :)

I would not feel guilty....when we got back from camp both were looking for their crate on saturday evening...and this was only the first week they had been crated while with me...

Mine are crated too.

Even when I go on holiday with storm and angel we do take the kids sightseeing and crate them in the caravan for a maximum of 5 hours.

If it's not too hot.

Mine all willingly go to bed usually without being told.

I do feel guilty too sometimes but I remember why I do it to protect them and the home x

don't feel badly, Skye is crated 8.30 til 5.30, we nip home at 12.30 for a break and a walk and she is perfectly fine, if anything it makes our time with her more special and she spends all night with us playing and snuggling on the sofa.

if i ever feel badly i always remind myself that its for her own safety and that of the house - it really is the best thing  :)

Thanks everyone :) yep I would hate for anything to happen to them when I'm out they both get a frozen Kong too after my dog walkers been or if I'm on a late they get that when I go to work :) they're only in when I am at work or out I leave them out at night now as they won't touch anything when I'm in :)

I feel guilty too sometimes, but I remember how awful tummy surgery is both for the dog and for the owner. If they're chewing stuff up, there's a good chance they are eating some of it. Alive and crated is much better than free to kill themselves!