Hungarian Titles

Removed #5

I'm looking at a book Mihaly Munkácsy's Trilogy of Christ and one of the contributors is Eva SZ. Bodnar.  Could one of you who might be familiar with the language tell me what the "SZ." stands for? 

Well, it says this topic is for anything that doesn't have to do with Husky's, right??

I was right about the position of personal / family names and nope, read for how they come up with Mr / Mrs....

In Hungarian, the given name is put after the family name of a person: János (John) Kis (Little) becomes Kis János (John Little). The title is put after the last name: úr (Mr.) Kis (Little) becomes Kis úr (Mr. Little). When addressing a woman, the title is tagged onto the last name in form of a suffix: -né (Mrs.) Kis (Little) becomes Kisné (Mrs. Little).

No i just found it interesting

Sz is the thirty-second letter of the Hungarian alphabet. Its name is (using English pronunciation with letter romanization) "ess" in the alphabet. It represents /s/. Thus, names likeLiszt are pronounced /list/ list.

In Hungarian, even if two characters are put together to make a different sound, they are considered one letter (a true digraph), and even acronyms keep the letter intact.

Hungarian usage of s and sz are the reverse of the Polish usage. In Hungarian, s represents /ʃ/ (a sound similar to /Ê‚/). Therefore, the Hungarian capital of Budapest is natively pronounced (/ˈbudÉ’pɛʃt/), rhyming with standard English fleshed rather than pest.

after googling - it seems Sz is just a letter of the alphabet in Hungary?  So maybe it's an initial for her?  

It's possible but I can't find anything that relates to it.  In her writing the publishers often leave it out, which does happen quite a bit with "middle initials" - she happens to be a Doctor (of something or other) but Doctor in Hungarian is Orvos so I'll consider that Sz is probably not an abbreviation, so it's shot down as well.