Possibility

Stormy

So as you all know from me moaning about work I hate it. A position is coming up in a salon down the road from my house its a nice little salon. However it's only three days per week but I am considering stepping down at work rather than leaving completely back to a colleague on say a 12 - 16 hour contract just to keep money up. It won't be at the store I'm in now as there isn't a position available but that doesn't bother me as would rather move anyway. Doing this will cut my fuel costs a he'll of alot and I'll be back to doing something I love and enjoy and also with going back to a colleague on the other side I won't have the stress etc of running the store.

Going to be having a chat with the salon hopefully this week and I'll also have to do a trade test (normal in hairdressers to see if your any good)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got everything crossed here for you that it works out :up:

Thank you :)

got an issue though i cannot find my haidressing qualification certificate ANYWHERE!! Ive moved three times since i last saw it! So god knows where its gone :( Its £44 to request a copy which can take up to 5 weeks but there are a couple of companys it could have been with and i cant remember which one!! My brother is trying to find out as he used to work at the college where i obtained my qualification.....but its looking like i wont have it for when i go and see them and they will want to see it!! :( 

Thank you :)

got an issue though i cannot find my haidressing qualification certificate ANYWHERE!! Ive moved three times since i last saw it! So god knows where its gone :( Its £44 to request a copy which can take up to 5 weeks but there are a couple of companys it could have been with and i cant remember which one!! My brother is trying to find out as he used to work at the college where i obtained my qualification.....but its looking like i wont have it for when i go and see them and they will want to see it!! :(

Just explain to them you have moved house and you have applied for a copy of it. Anyone in their right mind will understand that

Yeah i will be doing a trade test anyway im just concerned theyre going to turn around and say sorry but no certificate no job but have contacted a few companies and the college itself so hopefully i get an answer pretty quick anyway then i can just prove im getting a replacement and that i am on the database

So had the first interview yesterday went well she is really nice the salon is really nice. The days are three days maybe another half also but with aim to move to more days if clientelle build up etc.

Anyway got a trade test on Saturday where I'll be doing people's hair and they check it etc to make sure I am actually able to do hair etc. And if I'm any good lol.

Downside is she wants someone to start in 2 weeks time and there is one other person also who definitely can where as my notice period is 4 weeks to leave however I have asked a couple of people and to step down its at the managers discresion... So basically if I am offered the job I will need to be having a conversation with my manager asap and hope she will support me in my decision and help me as best I can even if it's with 2 weeks holiday or something like that I don't know but I am so worried about it as it could affect my chance of moving back into a job I loved and I will be able to start to have a normal life again!

Also nervous for Saturday but I'll just do my best :)