Apathy

Removed #5

I posted this in CSS about the same time Dimitar posted his message.  I thought for a moment about putting it in his thread and decided that might be too much like an attempt at hijacking.  You're not alone in feeling frustrated ....

Maybe it's just the time of year.  You know, spring has sprung, winter and it's horrors (for most of us - ski and hockey aficionados excluded) is gone, the sun's bright and warm - so we're supposed to feel alive and ready for anything.  Mother nature's turning green, the sky's are blue and clear - but I feel like doing nothing.

The projects I've been working on are getting no feedback - good, bad or indifferent - so I really have no incentive to spend much time on them.  Programming is a challenge I enjoy but just don't feel like it ...

The crisis center normally calls when they need help, but after Mikes boss and I had a difference of opinion he hasn't called and I'm not taking a 25 mile trip to see if anything's going on.

Planted a bit of a garden this spring, have it rabbit proofed but it looks as if I'm trying to fight a losing battle with the mice.  Everything I've planted (except for squash??) has come up and shortly thereafter been eaten to the roots by something.  No corn, no beans, no peas (well, maybe?)  I've trapped at least a half dozen of the little buggers both in the house and the garden but it seems as if they can multiply faster than I can kill.

Trying to save some money so I can take a trip north this summer / fall but I haven't gotten the bill from the hospital or the doctor for the dog bite.  VA has said to send the bills to them, but with the coöperation I've been getting from the VA I expect I'll have to pay most of it out of pocket. (( You know, the one that all my money's burned a hole in?? ))

Trying to do some research on my family - both my moms and my dads and beside running into blind alleys, I'm getting nowhere.  The wife of my older (half) brother said that she had been able to trace the family back to about the 1200's (English records) but she wasn't sharing ( well, <<censored>> you too! )  Registered with one of the census sites, just to try to get a handle on the family here in the states and their transcription of the census' is screwed!  I ask for one last name and get thousands of entries where I should get 5!  That isn't even funny!

I've been tempted to buy a cheap tent from Wal-Mart, pack the jeep and go somewhere, anywhere; but the expression goes that "If it took a dollar to go around the world, I'd be able to make it next door, maybe."

As my grandmother used to say "My get up and go, got up and went!" and left me setting behind ....

I'm not really depressed - I don't feel like killing myself - right now, I've got the feeling that even that would take more energy than I'm willing to expend. 

Yep, it's that time of year again ... or is it???

Al, I feel for you. I don't know exactly what you are going through, and I can only imagine. Some days it does not pay to even get out of bed. Somehow I manage to do so every day. One day at a time is how I manage at times.

I know what you mean, I am also going through the same thing.  At work, I feel that I don't do anything right and underappreciated.  I am underpaid, overworked.  At home I have to deal with the HOA problems, feel like all I do is cook, clean and go to bed and do it all over again.  I don't go out hardly at all anymore.  I have had too many expenses in the last year with the car and house it is insane.    UGH!  Good thing I have my big ol glass of wine LOL

Sad to see that you're feeling pretty much the same way, Al. I've had a chat some of my closest colleagues and most of their opinions come down to the SAD mention by Rob. Hang in there, buddy, everyone goes through some rough time every now and then, hopefully it'd be gone before we know it.

Not sure what's going on but I feel a bit crap at the moment too.  Got new business so stress, kids got final exams in a few weeks so stress, older kids moving away for summer jobs so stress, never enough hours in the day :(

On the upside I have my health, love of my family, food, water shelter and 2 beautiful dogs who bring me so much joy.  

Think we all need a good kick up the backside and focus on the positives and there's a lot of people worse off than us. :)

Well aren't we all a jolly bunch!

LOL

Al - big hugs - and everyone else who's feeling down.

We all notice more when we feel down and not so much when we feel normal or happy.  Take a few moments to think about what's good - there is always something :) xxxxx

Sometimes when a few things go wrong it gets harder and harder to muster up the enthusiasm to start anything.

Try to find a new hobby, or just something outside your normal activities to give you something to look forward to doing.

That can kickstart your get up and go.

Good luck guys. . . :)