Skye Got Attacked

Carly

We were walking in the park this afternoon, our usual place, in fact we were on our way back across the field heading for home.

I spotted a lady we occasionally see with her dogs, a collie and a wooly grey dog that I'm not sure of the breed. She was playing fetch with the collie and the grey as usual didn't leave her side, Skye has encountered them before and we have also all walked along together once or twice, today however the collie decided to attack.

He came belting up from behind his owner and literally dived on Skye, he was growling and pinning her down in the ground, snapping at her face. His owner shouted and pulled him off of her whilst I attempted to scoop Skye up and keep her out of the way.

When they were separated he ran off and when called he lay down on command, the lady apologised profusely and gave Skye some fuss still apologising for him and saying she didn't know what was wrong with him tonight.

Throughout all of this Skye didn't retaliate once, she didn't cry out so I knew he hadn't hurt her. I checked her over and there was no damage so we carried on our walk home with my little hardly even phased by the whole thing.

I on the other hand I was more frightened than she was I think, didn't like that at all :0(

Edited by ginger38

Aww, glad to hear she's ok but yeah it does leave you feeling a bit shaky.  Was gonna suggest cracking open a bottle or two but see you're way ahead of me there!  :D  Take care. xxx

It was, I guess we were lucky that the lady had good enough control of her dog that she was able to pull him off Skye, shame she couldn't control him before the incident.

I'm calm now, at the time I was a bit all over the place, thank goodness for a big glass of Rioja lol

Edited by ginger38

You're welcome.  :)

A few years back when Bear and Ice were pups.  We went out to the park with all 3 dogs, Bear and Ice were on flexi leads but Brooke the staffy was offlead and playing fetch with a ball.  From literally out of nowhere an offlead husky comes flying over and literally pins Brooke to the floor, attacking her for her ball.  The owner came running over a minute or so later and was very apologetic, he said sorry but his dog has some problems sharing toys and is a bit stubborn.  Won't tell you what I replied back as it wasn't very polite but it shook me up enough so that we never went back to that particular park again.  Brooke had a small cut to her face but nothing too bad, however she's easily intimidated at the best of times so after that attack she was even worse.  Thankfully she didn't get aggressive as a result but instead she would temporarily shy away /avoid and shake if she saw another dog running over to her.  Her normal response is to lay on her back with her legs in the air like a tart, lol.

Sorry to read this.  Hopefully Skye will just see it as rough play and not be too bothered by it.

Just goes to show how non aggressive our pups are, mine have been exactly the same, look all mean and tough but inside are just big babies :)

Update.....this afternoon the dog that attacked Skye was at the park, he was on the far side of the main field with his owner, again playing fetch whilst the wooly grey dog was firmly attached to the owners side.

Skye saw them and wanted to dash over to join in, clearly she wasn't bothered and must have seen it as rough play, thankfully.

I'm afraid I disappointed her, we didn't go anywhere near them, just to be on the safe side.