Dog Poop??

Sarah

What do you do with it at home?

Do you have a special bin for it? Flush it? Use a normal bin? Etc

I scoop into poo bags tie up and put in the wheely bin but that is only emptied every other week and with it getting warm now am looking for poop inspiration! !

sent via husky howls from my mobile

I have it easy as my back "yard" is only 20x20 and just cement and mulch, so I pick it up with poo bags and then we have shared dumpsters out back and I just throw it in there.  They empty them once a week.

I have heard of things you install in the ground to dispose of it, and even companies that will come out and take the poop for you, but I am sure that can't be cheap!

I'm in exactly the same boat as Sarah. Lol.

Our rubbish is fortnightly too, we nappy sack it up and keep a bin liner in the back garden for it. (haven't got a wheelie bin as London borough of Bromley is tight and won't give you one!) the night before bin day I hold my breath and lug the bin liner out the front, it weighs a ton! :(

Poo bags and in the bin which like you only gets emptied every other week....mine is in the shade so is not that bad...if the stench gets to bad I do put coffee dredge in my bin and it does get rid of the smell some what...

coffee dregs yes....

Poo bags and in the bin which like you only gets emptied every other week....mine is in the shade so is not that bad...if the stench gets to bad I do put coffee dregs in my bin and it does get rid of the smell some what...

You all seem to be missing the obvious, at least to me, solution. So I'll post a set of, hopefully informative, links and you can take it from there.

An interesting, general article on pet waste disposal .

A composter for dog waste.  Interesting, but read the article well.  Also note that you need to check with the local health folks, it may not be legal where you are.

Another dog waste composting article.  The above note still applies.

And finally a commercial variety the Doggie Dooley Pet Waste Disposal System

and Sarah, it was an interesting surprise to me to find out that used coffee grounds will take care of odor; I don't use my fridge all that often so between uses it gets rank - coffee grounds really do an amazing job!

I have a bag in a bucket outside on the go so that I can put the little poop bags in it.

We don't get a great deal of poop in the yard thankfully but I get rid of this bag very couple of days by taking it to the public bin which is emptied daily :0)

I've got poo-bags but Bigby has never once pooped when I've taken him for walk (or even pee...) I think it's because he's not used to going on grass and waits 'till we get home to go on the stones. We just use a shovel and in the bin it goes.

If in public poo bags and bins but it's not very often we are out in public places.  At home where we walk the dogs is a remote area, fields, forests and little uninhabited lanes, so rather than create more waste with plastic bags we leave it to rot down.  If the boys get caught short in our field then we shovel it up and it goes onto a compost heap, one we don't use for our veg garden.

Bag it and drop it in the council bin across the road coz they empty it nearly every day. Wouldn't want those little black bags hanging round my property too long in this warm weather :confused: