Thinking Of A Move

Jay

This is just probably daydreaming, but lately I have really been thinking about moving out of the area.  Ever since my friends came back from the Florida Keys (and hinting about how nice it would be to live there) I have been thinking about it more and more...

I feel like I am in a rut here.  I don't like my job, my neighbors (and HOA) are getting on my nerves, and this area just plain sucks! Maybe it is the seasonal depression disorder since our winter has been so bad, and we have had a cool spring, or maybe it is all of the combined, but I really want a change.

Although I am nearing 40 ( :o )  and my family lives about 90 minutes from me now (if I moved they wold be about 1,400 miles away or 2,250km), and I also own this house, so those are all things I have to think of. Plus moving the dogs would be a concern, especially since I am looking at South Florida, where the average temp in the winter is 60-80F! (16-26C), and 80-90 in the summer. 

In the field that I am in, it would be fairly easy to get a job down there, and the housing market is pretty cheap too.  Plus, I would be living in paradise :D

Anyway, just a random thought.  I know the grass always seems greener on the other side, and I don't see it happening but it's nice to dream about it :P

Come to Virginia! :)  We have an ocean! And mountains! And we don't have to evacuate for hurricanes and rarely get tornadoes. :)  Your doggies would miss the snow in Florida, we get occasional snow but not as much as you guys!

I've never been to the Keys, but I've always wanted to go. It seems like it's just so laid back and tranquil. 

Yeah from what everyone said it is pretty much paradise.  Very laid back and peaceful.  I suppose if you lived there you would probably take it for granted tho. 

And yeah I would like to live in VA too.  I miss living on the coast! It will probably never happen but it's nice to dream LOL

I always wanted to move to Phoenix, Arizona, when I was younger, single, and had no responsibilities.  But, it never happened.  Now that I'm older, married, and have a ton of responsibilities, I don't even want to move across the street.

Don't forget the occasional Hurricane running through florida !!

Yeah the area I was looking at was devastated by hurricane Andrew in 1992. Almost every area here has some drawback. We have tornados and bad winters, hurricanes there, earthquakes and wild fires in California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I think if you're thinking it then at some point you're gonna do it, or at least seriously look into it, if you don't then you'll probably always wonder "what if....."

no matter where you end up though, you'll alway be just at the end of a thread for us all here :0)

It's not going to happen, just dreaming lol. It's way too expensive there and not many jobs. The homeowners insurance alone can be over $10,000 a year !! Mine now is $600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

Well, months later and I am still thinking about a move.  I really want to move to the DC area, and there are TONS of jobs for Paralegals out there!  I have been sorta looking to see what is out there, but I doubt it would really happen.  On a side note, I do have 2 interviews next week so that may brighten things up a bit :)

Try a 6 month lease and rent yours....just in case it doesn't work out. You'll know within three months...from someone who's moved 38 times...

Longest I've ever been here in Tewkesbury.... 23.4 years!