Appeared In A Newspaper!

BlueWolf

Yesterday we had an open house in the shelter. A week before that they took photos for an item about it in the local newspaper. Since I don't live in that region I hadn't seen it but someone kindly gave me her paper today, Apparently it was on the front page! I'm the on the left (with Gijs... obviously  :wub: ). I look a bit out of place but that was because Kira (the beagle) wasn't friendly to Gijs.

post-2355-0-39425400-1400519590_thumb.jp

Had a great open house yesterday as well. We were all spread out over the area to guide the people around the place. I noticed in a far away corner there wasn't anyone standing so I took that as my spot. It (honestly!!) just happened to be so the exact same place Gijs was placed as well. Finally had a good excuse to talk about him all day. I've been trying to sell him all day long, lol.

As an update about Gijs: The original people that were interested in him never showed up the entire last week and this weekend (like they said). Looks like he will still be here for a while :( I hope I made some people interested in him yesterday though, we'll have to see who's going to show up the next couple of days. He needs a home ASAP or I'll go insane!

Ooh can I get your autograph please? Lol.

Must be good to get some publicity for your rescue. Hopefully get some more people to come through the door and show support. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. He has a home now. I feel a bit weird right now. Last night I dreamed he went home to a family on a farm with a big outside area for him, it felt good between them. Today he has found a home with a family with a big farm and a big outside area!

The people were very kind. Gijs always had been afraid of children since he came back to us couple of weeks ago. They have children and both reacted great to each other. Their children definitely love him and I could see him doing the same thing as well. Think he's there to stay! :)

Well, this topic died a bit since Gijs was brought back only a day after ().

But to go back on topic: Friday we contacted the newspaper and asked if we could get the original. Today they wrote us back with the photo attached!  :lol:

fSoWb2S.jpg