Insomnia

mydiamond

It is now 2:45 AM in my neck of the woods (according to this laptop's clock, which apparently disagrees with the forum's local time feature). I have been forcing myself to go to sleep since about 10 PM though every effort was proven futile. I am not sleepy one bit. I've traveled downstairs, back up, back down, and back up again three times already. Diamond, who is sleeping peacefully in the living room, is starting to throw evil looks at me because I never manage to tiptoe quietly enough to walk past him without waking him up. I've lost count of the amount of bananas I've consumed. Why is it that we always feel hungry at midnight? Is it the same reason to why vampires only go out at night? Are bananas excessive in calories? How many toes does an Emperor Penguin has?

... apparently your tummy is not the only one that goes crazy during insomnia.

What are the odds of a nosy teen winning an iPad mini through a college survey? Why can't I even find further information regarding that? "Take our survey about your admission process, and get the chance to win an iPad Mini!". Yeah but how many iPads do you have available? When will you begin drawing numbers? How would you notify me if I, by any odd chance, won one? Would it be brand new? Are you going to require me to keep the iPad for myself? Is it white in color? Does it come with Minion Rush and Plants vs Zombies 2? How much would I get if I sell one online? Is it made of gummy bears?

- end of random thread -

Hey, welcome to my world! Last time I used some sleeping aid. My brain got cleared but then my legs started a life on their own instead, lol. When I feel cannot sleep during the night I always have all the lights off. No (visible) time nearby and not getting out of my bed until the next day. Especially not knowing the time really helps as it puts you of the pressure of NEEDING to sleep because it's already too late. Eating will definitely not help.

Here's an idea. Have you tried something like meditating? I've been doing that the last few days and even when my brain's filled with every possible random thought in the world, it's been really successful so far.

Oh, 'Liv

Let your mind wander randomly through the days events and you'll sort of phase into dreams and sleep.

If you TRY to sleep it will always run away from you.

Someone's wide awake LOL. 

That sucks tho :(  I have taken sleep aids too but I usually fall asleep within 5 minutes.  Sounds like you need a nightcap :up:

Think she's too young to be getting bolloxed :(

When I can't sleep I put the TV on quietly, usually something boring with lots of talking. Sometimes it helps to focus on something else so that your own brain stops racing at 100 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk