Blood Boiling!!

Hazza

Hey sorry for this massive rant!

So myself and my oh have moved to norway. A lot of my family live out here and we bought our husky with us.

Long story short it's about being off lead (we don't do this!!!!)

Last night over dinner we where being told we where bad owners because we cannot have him off lead and that it is cruel to have him on a lead when walking up mountains ect.

Myself and my partner tried to tell them why and that we have tried him off lead and he dosent listen so you just run and run and run until he decides he needs to poop.

I was so angry this "heated debate" went on for like 3 hours because they wouldn't give in about it. And everything we said was wrong they don't even have dogs and couldn't give a damn about our dog. They where trying to tell us that we should use an ecollar and personally myself and oh disagree with them and wouldn't never use one. Around here there are around 4 other huskys and none of them are off lead but still they dont believe you can't train them.

How many arguments do we have to have with them u till they understand that he cannot be off lead. They ever googled "husky off lead" and said oh yeah everyone of these day don't have them off lead , cause of ...high prey don't listen think they can just do what they want and survive. But still think that if we out in hours and hours of training he will magically become this obedient dog that we will say jump and he says how high!

Sorry about this but I was so angry rant over

I wouldn't let it get to you too much. If these are your friends and family I mean absolutely no disrespect but a lot of people are uneducated...especially when it comes to huskies. I believe Norway's dog (pet) population is slim to none...so why they are giving dog advice, nevermind husky advice is beyond my comprehension. Keep him on the lead and ignore the know-it-alls - easier said than done, I know. :P

How do I change my location? And we where at St. John's road. Things are a bit touch and go at the moment really trying to get jobs ect but cambridge was just to busy for us and so stressful.

Thanks i try to keep calm but there is only so much you keep back then u just have to explode lol. Yes u would have though that they would have thought we would have done research in to the breed and not just said nop can't have him off lead makes me annoyed but there we go they will learn one day (maybe) haha

Everyone has people in their lives who are dumb as a bucket of spanners.

They might be friends, colleagues, neighbours or worst of all family. Family just means they have a bigger bucket and more spanners :P

The offlead debate can get as heated as conversations about religion or politics.

Accept that they are idiots and carry on doing as you know is right.

and in 10 years you can point to your Husky and say if I'd let him off lead theres is every chance he would not be here today.

HOWEVER because I kept him onlead I made sure he was here today.

Hayleigh, I get this all the time...I'm cruel for crating her and cruel for not letting her off the lead, I don't listen anymore simply because I know what's best for my girl and many of these people with opinions either don't know the breed or don't even own a dog???

You keep doing what you're doing, you know best (and I mean that sincerely not sarcastically lol)

I have a very simple response to this which seems to stop the conversation in its tracks when these conversations get going... The sentence is very simple and takes you only a second to say. The sentence is simply "What the **** has it got to do with you?" .. End of conversation :)