Origin Adult, Large Breed Or Senior Breed?

easywolf32

I have a husky-labrador mix, he's 10 years old and weights 72 lbs. Which of these 3 Orijen dog foods should I get him? I've been feeding him Wellness core for the last 3 years but I think he may be getting allergies, due to him licking his paws, but that may have been aggravated by the salt in the winter.
I also looked at the wellness core ingredients and these idiots have put all kinds of chlorides and other chemicals while orijen has not.
post-9435-14010783036302_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk

Great to hear. Keep an eye on the portion size though. Origen is a very high quality food and quite rich. I would think smaller portions than previously might be in order. Having said that I don't know what your dog's current or ideal weight is  :)

It is a shame we can't get it in Australia anymore. 

I think the reason people feed senior is because sometimes too much protein can be harder for older dogs.

My teenager is on the adult version, and the recommended amount for her weight is between 1&1/3 cups and 2 cups a day depending on activity. She seems to only need 1.5 cups a day, which seems like nothing!

Hi, he is 72 lbs

Sent from my SM-G730W8 using Tapatalk

My apologies you did mention that before, what I was trying to get at was what the ideal weight for him is, as he has Lab in him. I am not saying he is overweight either, has you vet made any comments about his weight? Knowing this will help you work out portion sizes.

Anyway, Emily will know far more about this than I, so I would defer to her experience. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Update 6 months later:

I had him on Orijen Adult since June and he was doing superb!

I went to the pet shop to get him another bag and they convinced me the Orijen Senior would be better for him since he is going 11 in a few months, they said after 8 years young they should be started on senior.

2-3 days later, he is eating it, but seems just a bit sluggish than usual. Should I keep him on the Senior guys?

Thanks!

PS> He loved the adult food, was eating a few cups a day and he actually looked healthier than the last few years! I'm so thankful for having switched from Procter & Gamble's Wellness core, which may have been the reason for this allergies too.

post-9435-0-06934400-1419144769_thumb.jp

post-9435-0-56693500-1419144812_thumb.jp