Job Worries

Jay

I think it really is time to get a new job!!

Over the last year things have been getting VERY slow here and they have been making cut backs.  They went through 3 sets of layoffs, and we are down to almost half the staff we had just a few years ago.  Well, today 6 more people got laid off :(  I have managed to survive this far since I am productive, don't make as many mistakes and my immediate supervisor likes me, but I am not sure when my luck will run out.  I feel like I am on an episode of the Apprentice!

I have been looking for jobs pretty aggressively over the last several months but nothing :(  

I hate the stress of not knowing if I will have a job next week!!

Never a good feelin, but ya never know things may well change. We went through the same at my place over the past 2 years but things picked up nicely now

Hopefully...we lost a lot of good people today :(  The unfortunate thing is that it's not looking good in the industry that I am in.  After the mortgage crisis in 2008 our business exploded with foreclosures...but now that the economy is picking up again, and foreclosures are at all time lows our business has slowed to a fraction of what it once was.  Just in the last 6 months my workload has dropped in half.  The bright side my supervisor said I have nothing to worry about and will be cross trained on other areas, plus I know more than just my own department.  The more that I know, the more valuable that I am! 

Keeping everything crossed for you Jay that you keep your job until you find soething else

At least there is unemployment insurance if it does happen...although it would be a few hundred less than what I bring home but it would at least keep me afloat until I found something :D

I have been with the same company for 37 years. In that time, I have survived over 12 layoffs. About every three years we seem to go into a slump. It does get unnerving, because one simply does not know. I will keep everything crossed for you Jay. The only advice I can offer is to keep your resume up to date.

Thanks all :) I'm sure all will be good, I'm always on the lookout for a new job and in the mean time I'll just do my best. That's all we can ever do ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2