MarkoMKD

i didnt watched since season 4.
then saw episode on Fox,where Jack seems to be bad guy now.
Is that true ? Is Jack become bad guy?
i saw smth when he was fighting with someone from CTU and runing from some agents O.o
P.s. started from season 1,last episode now,starting season 2 :)

i didnt watched since season 4.

then saw episode on Fox,where Jack seems to be bad guy now.

Is that true ? Is Jack become bad guy?

i saw smth when he was fighting with someone from CTU and runing from some agents O.o

P.s. started from season 1,last episode now,starting season 2 :)

i have watched all of them, jack isn't a bad guy,the people in charge don't understand his motives so they tell everyone he is bad and to arrest him, but in the end everyone understands and he is hailed a hero. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've now watched season one and two;  having been in the military and the security service there's a lot of it that's really hard to swallow. 

Whoever wrote the thing had some experience, but there are so many holes in it that at times it's downright laughable.

Two things that I've noted:

CTU seems to allow 'civilians' (non-cleared personal) entry at the drop of a hat.  That would never happen in a truly secure environment.

Also they show the private jet being blown out of the air when it still has one functioning engine.  I can't think of any small aircraft that can't maneuver on a single engine.  Considering that a C-130 (very large cargo plane with 4 jets) can land with only one good jet that scene strains credulity.

It's enjoyable - but I really have to take a lot of it with a very big grain of salt.

• 2 weeks later...

in 8 seasons, Jack has killed 266 people (according to ask.yahoo)

Does anyone know how many people are killed per episode??  it seems like 8 - 10 people die in every show!  That's gonna decimate Los Angeles in short order! (( and I'm not even considering the people who die because of earthquakes / auto accidents ./ nuclear explosions/meltdowns )) this has got to be one  of the deadliest shows going!

in 8 seasons, Jack has killed 266 people (according to ask.yahoo)

This is why I could not get into that show. Some of my best buds while growing up were obsessed so I saw some of it but could never really enjoy it.

If I am not mistaken every season is supposed to be over the course of 24 hours, right?. If this is infact true and yahoo answers is correct with 266 kills over 8 seasons...he kills 33 people a day. I cannot wrap my head around that one...

I'm finding the series enjoyable but do have to admit that I've cast all "reality" aside.  For nothing other than adventure and excitement it is really unbeatable; for believability - there is none! 

There aren't many episode that I've watched where I'm not going "oh, no! that's BS!" Where they're doing things that no self respecting "security" officer would consider doing.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just begun season 8 - it's great escapist drama but, man, does it often lack reality.  'Continuity' seems to have taken a break - for example, in one scene a fellow gets shot, bleeds into his shirt, in the next scene (which is supposedly only a few minutes later) same guy, same place, same shirt - no hole, no blood ... ermergawd!!!!

this is a bit belated, but I think the thing that really bothers me about this series is the anti-Muslim tone to the entire series. Are there Muslim terrorists, sadly yes; but there are terrorists in almost any group that have strong opinions. Look at the US Patriot movement or the staunchly reborn "Christian" movements and you'll find others with the same (or similar) agendas.

If the targets of the program were a variety of groups, I'd be less concerned but we don't need anyone, any program spreading anti-anything in the guise of entertainment.