Lookin' To Get A Kindle

Elyse

I have the latest paperwhite .

One of the most used items of tech I own.

Love the whispersync between my Android phone version of kindle and the paperwhite

No matter what device I'm using the book I'm reading is always at the right page.

Any other opinions? Also thinking of getting a case for it, too.

Andy...is the battery life as much as it is advertised? (around 8 weeks). I know that, for my laptop atleast, it advertised 6 or so hours of battery life...and I get about 4.

I have a Kindle Fire and would give it to you in a heart beat if you want it

(( edited out the exclamation marks :shrug: don't want to sound angry LOL but I'm serious on that. I was looking to sell it for ages but nobody uses a Kindle in Indonesia ))

Found it! Woo!

post-2850-0-54812500-1402181470_thumb.jp 

^^^ the leather case is collecting dust...

post-2850-0-07225600-1402181464_thumb.jp

^^^ just to prove it really is a Kindle :P

post-2850-0-86885500-1402181478_thumb.jp

^^^ what it looks like with the leather case open. It has a pen-sized black stylus in case you can't see it and a cool pocket to put your business card in, in case it got lost and some good samaritan intends to return it to you

I hit "send" before Googling shipping price :facepalm: anyways before taxes and insurance it costs US$37.41

EDIT that price would probably quadruple after taxes and insurance is added. I spent well over $70 to send one stupid piece of paper to MSU :( I've checked in usps website and it says that final price of UPS Standard Delivery from East Lansing, MI to St. Catharines is CAD$20.61 (four days to arrive)

Any other opinions? Also thinking of getting a case for it, too.

Andy...is the battery life as much as it is advertised? (around 8 weeks). I know that, for my laptop atleast, it advertised 6 or so hours of battery life...and I get about 4.

Battery life is very good, yeah probably every 6 to 8 weeks.

and I read a lot !!

Don't forget it's powering the screen light too that makes it amazing.

The one thing the Ereader Kindle has over the Kindle Fire is that you can read it in daylight outside.

How many times have you found yourself with your smartphone and can't see anything because it's too reflective.

The matte screen on the paperwhite means you can read even on the brightest sunny days.

I got mine last year, loved it so far, amazon keeps improving with great many features like dictionary, highlight, even goodread. I got the case soon after, it's good to have the case btw,

battery life is good but not as much as 8 weeks as advertised, it depends on how much you read and wifi usage, mine lasts around 2 week if i read everyday for more than hour, still very good performance. It takes 2-3 hrs to get fully charged. And i love the wallpaper images too, it's super cool lolpost-11850-14022429527926_thumb.jpg post-11850-14022426115372_thumb.jpgpost-11850-14022426291681_thumb.jpgpost-11850-14022426879024_thumb.jpgpost-11850-14022427237347_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, guys! Just won one (a paperwhite) off of Ebay (got $40 off, as it came with a case!). Excited for it to arrive, now!

Olivia: I'd still like to have that Fire. Its always good to have a backup, and my brother's birthday is coming up. :)