Link's A Star

Mobezilla

Earlier today there was a charity event for a local shelter. I went with Link and some husky friends, and signed up for the 5k (3 mile) run/walk. I had Link geared up in his x-back harness and had him pull me the whole time.. we stopped for breaks at 3 or 4 check points and he layed in the kiddie pool, but the rest of the time we were running, and we got an awesome time of 42 minutes! Now for you runners out there.. that may not be so awesome haha. But for someone like me whose way out of shape and can't believe I was able to run the entire time, I'm certainly pleased! Plus we were the first husky/human pair to finish ;D It was so much fun! Not to mention the booths and ice cream and hanging out afterwards. I hadn't ever thought I could successfully complete a 5k and didn't want to embarrass myself, I mean c'mon I haven't run since gym class in high school! But it was a blast and I'll be signing up for future dog/human pair runs ;D

I take my hat off to you, madam!! 42 mins non-stop run, wow. I would have burnt my lungs out :D

Nooo not non stop cause we had the check points! :D but inbetween yeah no stop, I had a pulling force to keep me going haha! but yes at the finish line I was wheezing LMAO I don't stay in shape!

And thank you, I'm pretty excited that I was able to complete it :D

Well if you've done it once surely you can do it daily :P running is fun.... when you're on top of a treadmill with Maroon 5 blasting from your iPod :shrug:

Yeah now that I've done it I'm regretting it. My boyfriend was like 'ohhhh now you're gonna have to start training for the next one yeah yeah yeah we can train for the next one LETS TRAIN FOR THE NEXT ONE' and I'm like dear lord I'm thankful to have a job where I can sit all day.

That is great! I was going to do the 'run for life' this month with Snow, it's a 5 km run/walk in aid of cancer research.  I know Snow is only 11 months but I figured he'd be a better running partner than Harry as he would just want to take off and I'd really struggle to control him.  Sadly now I can't do it this year, so am even more determined to do it next year:)

Good on you and Link :)

LOL somebody's excited

He always is..

Awesome Well done Megan and Link :wave1:

Thank youuu :D Link did all the hard work ;D

well done Link for pulling Megan across the line in one piece..... :D

hahaha!! Very true. I consider myself lucky I didn't fall and get dragged across the finish that way lmaoo

Nice one! Well done

Thankies!

Well done Megan and Link! Sounds like you've certainly had your workout for the day! [emoji1]

Thank you! and lol how about work out for the MONTH! My legs are screaming 'never do that again foolish human'

That is great! I was going to do the 'run for life' this month with Snow, it's a 5 km run/walk in aid of cancer research.  I know Snow is only 11 months but I figured he'd be a better running partner than Harry as he would just want to take off and I'd really struggle to control him.  Sadly now I can't do it this year, so am even more determined to do it next year:)

Good on you and Link :)

We're definitely looking into doing more, sounds like you guys will have a blast! I normally don't like running but all the other people and dogs and having my own pup is great motivation. This walk/run helped raise 40k total for a shelter that rescues stray and abandoned animals :D

Wow that's great! Well done!

Thank youu!! :D