Hi, I'm New Here.

AuroraBorealis

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here are a few more pics for you guys. Thanks a bunch for all the welcomes! :) like i said i rescued her and before her i grew up with labs and ferman shephards. Im just curious if you guys think she is 1. Purebread? 2. Shes kinda skinny but i was told thats normal for husky pupps? 3. She coughs up white foamy phlegm after long or hard activities. So giving her the exercise she needs and wants turns into me cleaning my carpets. Poor girl. Its almost like she coughs up a furball. Thats what it sounds like. Any ideas? Besides that shes perfectly happy and im so glad i got her. Im just worries about her weight and her cough. Shes 40 lbs but i feel her spine a bit.

post-11953-0-61226000-1402582326_thumb.j

post-11953-0-01254000-1402582384_thumb.j

post-11953-0-07174000-1402582402_thumb.j

post-11953-0-08846800-1402582448_thumb.j

Aww she's beautiful :D I think she's purebred alright. But really only a DNA test could tell you. I'm just judging based on visible physical appearance and what it resembles. As long as Aurora doesn't throw up yellow liquid often (as in several times a week) I don't think it means she's lacking nutrients, hence not underweight. Can you see her ribs and spine from a good distance away? If not, then she's just fine. Some Huskies come from a racing line that produces leaner, "lankier" dogs. That is why people are telling you it's "normal for Huskies". The white phlegm worries me a bit at first but then I thought maybe it's just how you describe it. Foamy, sticky saliva (not phlegm) indicates two things: your dog is stressed OR your dog is thirsty. With the saliva seen after a rigorous exercise I lean towards the latter guess.

I dont think its saliva though. Like she coughs up piles of this "stuff" the size of pancakes sometimes! Most are circles size of half dollars all over my floor. Poor girl i took her to a few vets and they put her on antibiotics but that doesnt help. Do you think maybe her throat got damaged from the previous owner? Maybe had to tight of a collar or a choker on to much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use a choker and I think you can cross them out of the list. If there is any wound on the throat I suspect you'd see at least a bit of blood. Sorry the antibiotics didn't help :( I don't know what to suggest then. But I hope she's alright.