Hello Husky People!

Hi there. I typed a huge intro and sadly my tablet freaked out on me and the whole thing was lost. So instead here is the shortened version for now and I will fill in more info later. My new puppy is not old enough to come home yet, but I am too excited to wait before talking to some people that share my enthusiasm for the breed. I can try and ad some photos, but I am not entirely sure how that works yet.

post-12000-0-96680400-1403349019_thumb.j

post-12000-0-95191400-1403349045_thumb.j

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiffany,

Welcome aboard and the pictures are great!

I can appreciate your excitement as we have been there, (many times before), as we have 'acquired' many canine companions over the past few years.

Make the most of your 'free' time, now, as you will have a little less once your new companion walks through his/her door for the first time!

There is a wealth of info, (for both new and experienced owners), and the members are very friendly and knowledgeable so don't hesitate to ask questions and keep us updated!

I can also sympathise with the loss of posts as I have lost many, myself, as I pen a reply, (on one of my phones), only to suffer a glitch and I am then left with an empty text pane!

Such is life!

I am definitely used to having my hands full. I have two boys, 11 and 8, and triplet girls that are 5. I also used to run a small hobby kennel that bred and showed american bullies, but when I got divorced that part of my life also ended. My two oldest have shared my desire to get a husky for years and since we just bought a place on 40 acres it seemed like great timing for a new addition. I am literally addicted to all things husky right now, so I will be combing through posts here pretty heavily. :)

Hi Tiffany, and welcome to the forum.  Most of us are harmless, though a few have been know to bite (but normally not too hard!)

Ah, yes, like that name - though one wonders when you have kids and a (soon to be) large dog just who it is that's going to be 'hammered!' :)

One note just to alert you early on; you have 40 acres - about the time your Husky gets to be a year old (his 'teen age' years), he's (probably) going to run.  Don't let the fact that he'll stick close to you and the young'uns while he's a pup fool you.  It's best to expect that your pup will, for his safety, need to spend his life on a leash ( a long one is best, of course ).

Thanks for the welcomes! I am not sure how much of the 40 acres I will fence in yet, but I will be sectioning off an actual yard and I don't intend to let him be out there unsupervised. I have heard too much about their escape artist tendencies. I did see that someone on here said they had super extra long leads and I would love to know where I can get one or if it was homemade. We have a lot of open fields here that I would love to take him to play in, but I wouldn't feel comfortable without a lead and a 100 ft one would definitely give him some freedom. He probably won't need that until he is a bit bigger though.

I just noticed the name question and I do actually pronounce it like that youtube link that was posted there. :)

I have just noticed you're in Michigan :D I'm flying over there in August for college. Which part of Michigan you're in?

By the way, one more vote for Mjolnir. That's a cool name :D watch out though these dogs tend to live up to their names :lol:

I am way on the west side near Lake Michigan. Kind of near the bottom of the pinkie finger if you hold up your right hand and look at the palm side. Lol. Michiganders, the only people that can show you where they live by pointing at their own hand.

Well I'm not a Michigander yet so I don't know how close you will be to me in several months time :o I'm leaving for East Lansing. How far is that from the pinky finger?

Hi Tiffany & welcome to the forum, what an absolute cutie you have got yourself there!  :wub:

Please keep the pics coming, especially his homecoming ones  ;)

Many husky owners invest in 100 foot horse lunge leads if they are struggling to get a dog lead that is of good length, that may be an option for you