Eclipse Has Freaked Out.

Keeonah

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is she getting along ok with the rest of the pack? If it's not health related then the only other thing I can think of is a behavioural issue, like maybe she's had a spat with one of the others and is feeling unsettled. Or she's picking up on some negative tensions from someone, be it human or doggy and it's bothering her.

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry Gary. :erm:

She's getting on great with the pack. It seems like she's only happy when she is outside with the pack. Jacqui has been round tonight and Eclipse loves her to bits. Eclipse really wanted to see her but wouldn't go in the kitchen. We normally manage to find some sort of reasoning behind things between us but this has everyone clueless.

Gary.

The only thing I think of is Luna acted similar when she was bitten by a spider. She was very agitated and all over the shop until I took her to the vet to get an antihistamine injection.

She wasnt quite on the level of avoiding whole rooms but she wasnt very fond of her crate during that period.

Hope you get it sorted.

I'm seriously thinking along the lines of a fear stage. Today she has freaked big time as far as throwing her lead and legging it from the house. This occured because this afternoon she heard a noise and freaked again but, not like before. This time has been worse than all the others. She wouldn't settle down again. Lynne and I were going out and had put the dogs in the front room like we normally do. Eclipse was launching herself at the window trying to get to us so we decided to take her with us. She settled down in the car as long as she was close to one of us. We got out at our destination and had a wander round and then came home. All fine, until we got to the door. Lynne got out to go in the house, Eclipse looked, saw the house, flipped out, threw her collar and ran. I have never ever known her to do this before. Usually you can take her in the house without a lead but it was put on this time just because of the way she has been. She ran round the corner and I walked after her.  I called her and she came straight to me but was shaking like a jelly. Then Lynne called her and she ran off to Lynne but, once again, as soon as she got near the house she legged it again. I just managed to get hold of her before she got run over and picked her up and carried her into the house. Lynne is, at the moment, going through the nightly ritual of feeding her. It normally takes around 3/4 of an hour as she wanders around during mouthfuls. Does anyone think that this might be a fear stage or am I barking up the wrong tree? Some symptoms are similar but others are not :huh:

Gary.

Gary,

Have you taken her to the vet? Do you think she is in pain? Or maybe has a sudden onset of a neurological problem? If she was previously abused, hit on the head, etc. maybe something clicked in her brain in terms of physiology?

I know this might be completely irrelevant or different but yesterday after taking my two to the park, Smokey threw a tantrum about getting in the car. He seemed absolutely terrified and fell limp on the ground. He actually 'bit' me when I tried to force him. But I walked away for a second from the car with him and we walked back to it, and he got in as if nothing happened.

Strange behavior. I hope your pup feels better...

<3

Just reading this, have you taken her to the vets and had her stomach checked? I'm wondering if she is in a little pain and is associating the rooms she has been fed in as the cause (just a random idea).

Thanks for all your input guys. When everyone is stumped then I feel you have a problem. I have a problem. I'm going to pop into the vets and have a word with them today and see what they think. Will let you know the outcome later.

Gary.

Now this is when I usually say "hope it's nothing", but in this case if the vet finds nothing you'd only have another name in your "people that are stumped" list :( so... although this might not sound right... I hope they actually found something.

Now this is when I usually say "hope it's nothing", but in this case if the vet finds nothing you'd only have another name in your "people that are stumped" list :( so... although this might not sound right... I hope they actually found something.

Fully understand where you're coming from Liv.

After what has turned out to be a busy dayI thought I'd let you all know where we're at. The trip to the vet proved to be a waste of time. If it had been my vet then things may have been different but the heavily pregnant vet listened to what I had to say and then said that from what I had told her she felt it was behavioural. She did, however, give me a business card for a behaviouralist. I have been in touch with this lady and she has told me that the vet should have ruled out certain things first. I have been sent a long questionaire to fill in which I have just done and returned and the behaviouralist has said she will get back to me to organise a home visit but it won't be for a couple of weeks as they are booked up till then. A bit more perseverance methinks ;)

Gary.

May be a stupid idea, but have you got a gas hob or boiler in the kitchen???  Maybe she is smelling leaking gas??? or a different smell from something you've changed and it reminds her of her last owner?

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon,

Dan

May be a stupid idea, but have you got a gas hob or boiler in the kitchen???  Maybe she is smelling leaking gas??? or a different smell from something you've changed and it reminds her of her last owner?

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted soon,

Dan

Thanks Dan, unfortunately it's another one I can rule out. Hows Luna now?????

Gary.

Thanks Dan, unfortunately it's another one I can rule out. Hows Luna now?????

Gary.

Hi Gary,

she's made a full recovery and is as mental as ever, I haven't managed to get on here much lately (apart from scanning in my lunch break at work) and need to update the other thread.

I started running her beside me on the bike in the early morning and late evenings and she's loving it after a few off's trying to chase squirrels and now runs beside me.

I hope you can get to the bottom of Eclipse's problem soon as it sounds very stressful,

Best wishes

Dan, Claire & Luna

Hi Gary,

she's made a full recovery and is as mental as ever, I haven't managed to get on here much lately (apart from scanning in my lunch break at work) and need to update the other thread.

I started running her beside me on the bike in the early morning and late evenings and she's loving it after a few off's trying to chase squirrels and now runs beside me.

I hope you can get to the bottom of Eclipse's problem soon as it sounds very stressful,

Best wishes

Dan, Claire & Luna

Thanks Dan, really glad that Luna's ok. I hate it when they are ill or have other problems. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this soon enough.

Gary.

Oh I really hope you work it out poor baby! Have you maybe tried to pin point what's setting her off may it be an object, is the sound she reacts to anything in particular or just a noise Sasha did something similar but not as bad and it was a few objects around the house that she has reacted to in the pasted that had been moved from there original place out of her site like cords the vacuum the mop even plastic bags. May be no help I was told to walk Sasha around and watch her to see where the problem stops are and what she looks at that sets her off it will freak her out like it did Sasha with reassurance she got through it. It sort of helped pin point the problem areas and we moved things around and she only has a problem now when they move maybe worth a shot? I really hope you figure it out x

I feel so terrible for Eclipse. I know you've tried so many things and nothing seems to work. I wish that I had something helpful to offer, but I am so superstitious that every time I think about it all I can think about are ghosts and spookiness and that honestly helps no one. Obviously at this point it is a lot more then a silly spirit stalking your kitchen. Just brainstorming, the only other thing I can think of that might be unseen to everyone else is something like termites or ants or something inside walls that no one else could possibly hear or see? It's pretty doubtful, but just an idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk