Eclipse Has Freaked Out.

Keeonah

Just had 3 hours with the behaviouralist. She has gone into what happened in some depth. The verdict is.........................inconclusive. We have, however, narrowed things down a bit. Firstly the idiot vet should have run tests. Eclipse will be going in for them as soon as Hayley is back. The second possible cause is a pseudo pregnancy, which, to be fair, ticks all the boxes and thirdly an anxiety attack. We have things to do with her and monitor the results over the next 7 days and then report back to Susannah with the results. Fingers crossed that we may soon know what caused it.

Gary.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

Update for you all. Still haven't a clue as to the cause of Eclipse's problems but we have been working with her and managed to get her into the kitchen, eating with the rest and basically pretty much back to normal. That is, until about a week ago. All of a sudden, everything has gone tits up and reverted back to the way she was. Can someone please point me to the nearest brick wall. Arrrgh.

Gary.

Hope this is not a stupid question, have you checked for an ear infection. ?oh  and also not already been asked already I did try to scan for the question quickly. Only Bella who relies on her hearing had an ear infection and it freaked her out as this is one of her main senses where she has no eye sight. Also in windy walks she gets out of sorts cause everything is distorted. Bella is blind and in the situations described when she can't hear she will walk into walls, lamp posts etc. When normally she won't.

Hope this is not a stupid question, have you checked for an ear infection. ?oh  and also not already been asked already I did try to scan for the question quickly. Only Bella who relies on her hearing had an ear infection and it freaked her out as this is one of her main senses where she has no eye sight. Also in windy walks she gets out of sorts cause everything is distorted. Bella is blind and in the situations described when she can't hear she will walk into walls, lamp posts etc. When normally she won't.

Hearing has been checked at the vets Kati and is spot on, but good thought. Sorry to hear about Bella though. I think it's amazing how animals adapt with no sight.

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Just tried to upload a vid of Eclipse with her food but for some reason it's telling me I can't upload it on this site. WTF.

Gary.

You need to upload to youtube or the likes and then add the url to your post which will embed it. Videos have never been allowed to be uploaded directly to husky owners, they simply take up too much space on the server

What about her vision? Changes in the way they see light can trigger some of the reactions you've described. I would assume that the vet has checked vision by this time. My first husky had a stroke shortly before I had to let him go. He paced and cried, avoided particular rooms because his body wasn't doing what he was telling it to. Another consideration.