Not Recognising A Husky...

loudlucky

Have you ever had people not recognising your Husky pup as a Husky????

A lady the other day told me I had the most gorgeous GSD puppy she ever saw!!!!

I was feeling like screaming that it's a Husky and not a GSD but just ended up saying thanks... :D

I don't know if it's because of her brown colour or if people are just plain dumb... but there's clearly a difference between Husky and GSD! I have never seen a GSD that looked anything like Smokey...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain dumb is the answer. I've also got the "is that a GSD mix?" comment before. Keeping in mind that Diamond bears the typical Husky appearance (black and white with blue eyes), it surprises me when people don't know what he is :shrug:

The 'normal looking' silver/black/white they know immediately, but just because she's this colour they all want to know if she's GSD or mixed :rolleyes:

Even the receptionist at the vet (the one I won't go to anymore) didn't fill in her colour on her vaccinations booklet she just left it open because she didn't know Huskies came in that colour!!

Ahri is a little over 4 months now and I often get "is that a miniature husky!?!" or "do they normally come...THAT color...?" Huskies seem to be becoming pretty popular around my area so everyone usually knows the breed.

Forgive my ignorance but does GSD stand for German Shepherd (Dog)?

Ahri is a little over 4 months now and I often get "is that a miniature husky!?!" or "do they normally come...THAT color...?" Huskies seem to be becoming pretty popular around my area so everyone usually knows the breed.

Forgive my ignorance but does GSD stand for German Shepherd (Dog)?

Yes GSD stands for German Shepherd Dog :)

EDIT: Hummm Husky and Shepherds looking the same.... Never! 

post-10391-0-79500000-1403888648_thumb.j

20131031_125127_zpsf14718cc.jpg

We've had lots of breeds mentioned. Husky, malamute, gsd, elkhound, wolf dog, Northern Inuit. To name but a few, lol.

When I'm feeling mischievous I just play along with whatever they say. Is good fun! Lol

Plain dumb is the answer. I've also got the "is that a GSD mix?" comment before. Keeping in mind that Diamond bears the typical Husky appearance (black and white with blue eyes), it surprises me when people don't know what he is :shrug:

Know that one Liv, I get it all the time with Keiko :lmao:

Personally I can't see what the problem is, you should expect people to think your dog is a GSD. I mean, they're damn near identical. :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

Gary. 

I don't mind people mixing mine up for similar breeds, but it's the ones who say 'oh what a lovely wolf' who need to educate themselves!! And the majority of the time it's parents!! I had one the other day who walked past and I over heard her say 'no you can't go and pet the wolf' to her kid!!

Personally I can't see what the problem is, you should expect people to think your dog is a GSD. I mean, they're damn near identical. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, yeah, looks like some people need glasses or H-O cards to educate them then! :evil:

EDIT: well at least they expect her to be a perfectly behaved little angel then...:P

Last week in PetSmart, a little boy saw Jake and went screaming to his mom that he just saw the big bad wolf!! Made my day! Hahaha that's still a little better of a guess than a German shepherd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Erica Merecka

New here and new to Huskys. We have a rescue dog (10 weeks in), who after lots of research is 4 1/2 and listed by chip as a Husky. TBH we all thought Malamute cross. Logan has been called everything from GSD to wolf or 'Ghost'.

Local press has recently run some stories featuring "vicious husky types" so I generally reply with, "yes, something like that" to people.

To us, he is just Logan.

Hi my husky is pure white One blue & one White eye "people always ask if she,s a GSD. It's annoying . She,a a pure bread husky but very small for her age. She 18.8 and 3 in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people don't realise huskies come in white too so get confused with white gsds even with blue eyes lol

Most people don't realise huskies come in white too so get confused with white gsds even with blue eyes lol

Yes!! The white I too didn't know about and it was her fluffiness that made me ask if she's Husky :P

White Huskies *could* resemble white GSD or Swiss Shepard etc, but surely the brown & white looks nothing like GSD :rolleyes:

With Bear I can see maybe why they ask, and them being called wolves are common too!

Yes!! The white I too didn't know about and it was her fluffiness that made me ask if she's Husky :P

White Huskies *could* resemble white GSD or Swiss Shepard etc, but surely the brown & white looks nothing like GSD :rolleyes:

With Bear I can see maybe why they ask, and them being called wolves are common too!

If I hadn't of met skylas parents n have her papers I would wonder about her , she doesn't often curl her tail but holds it down instead