Not Recognising A Husky...

loudlucky

If I hadn't of met skylas parents n have her papers I would wonder about her , she doesn't often curl her tail but holds it down instead

I read somewhere that huskies tails aren't supposed to curl, they're supposed to go down unless the husky is excited. although malamute's tails ARE supposed to curl. I'm not sure, though.

ps- I'm not sure if I did that "quote" thing right, sorry! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that huskies tails aren't supposed to curl, they're supposed to go down unless the husky is excited. although malamute's tails ARE supposed to curl. I'm not sure, though.

ps- I'm not sure if I did that "quote" thing right, sorry! :(

You did :-) yeah they are supposed to curve like a sickle rather than an actual curl and are down when they are relaxed :-)

You did :-) yeah they are supposed to curve like a sickle rather than an actual curl and are down when they are relaxed :-)

oh, yay! I'm finally getting the hang of it! hehe :) gotcha! chad's is always curled over his back, there's a spot that's kinda worn down because of where his tail lays.

Harry is a light beige/brown/red white husky with amber coloured eyes.  I have to admit when we first saw him I was rather surprised as I thought huskies came in grey and white :)

I used to think of him as a ginger husky, now he's just Harry :) Most kids think he's a wolf, you hear them say 'look at the wolf' or 'can I touch the wolf'. Most people are wary of him which is just fine, little do they know all he wants is to be friends :)

Snow is a GSD x husky, or so we are told.  He is pretty small for a husky weighing in at 20kg though he is only just a year old, where as Harry is a heavy weight at 29kg and I wouldn't say he's over weight for his height, he is just a big boy :)

Most people ask if Snow is Harrys baby and we just say yes :)

oh wow, both of them are gorgeous! I always thought chad was kinda special with his wooly coat and his donut tail, but I guess it's actually kinda normal! haha :)

snow and Harry sound adorable, as well! a gsd / husky.. wow, I bet that's beautiful! [emoji5]️

oh wow, that is seriously a BEAUTIFUL dog! his eye shape makes him look mean, but you can tell he would be a sweetheart. that is absolutely stunning. the black nose and "eye make up" as I call it, makes him unique also. wow :)

Thankyou :)  One moment he looks like a white GSD the next a husky.  He is a big baby, though he barks and growl talks all the time, making him seem aggressive though all he wants is attention and fuss.  He barks at strangers (think that's the GSD in him) thus making people wary but he is such a big softy.  He's a bit of a handful at the moment as he has several carers (my kids) and he isn't getting consistant commands which isn't helping.  I had an accident 6 weeks ago so am out of action for a bit longer but he really needs the one to one full time.  He sleeps with me most nights, starting off on the bed and then on the floor under my side of the bed, he doesn't make a sound all night.  

no problem! :) I think he definitely looks more like a husky in that photo. my little girl does that, she's VERY vocal. and chad howls when he's excited or he wants to play. it's funny :) that's definitely the gsd when it comes to barking at strangers, I'm not sure I've ever even heard my two bark.

ahh, I understand that. I can only imagine. my boyfriend and I have enough problems with just our differences in training, I couldn't imagine having more people!

ahh, I'm so sorry :( he'll get better once you're back to training, I'm sure :)

that's exactly what chad does with me! too sweet :)

I like the fact that the dog I'm hopefully adopting in a few days has already been called a malimute, she's too small to be one (my friend has two females and they are huge compaired to Shadow). I'd only spent around 45 minutes playing with her then had to wait a while outside for them to take her back and put her in the kennel she was in. It didn't take long for her to be misidentified!

I like the fact that the dog I'm hopefully adopting in a few days has already been called a malimute, she's too small to be one (my friend has two females and they are huge compaired to Shadow). I'd only spent around 45 minutes playing with her then had to wait a while outside for them to take her back and put her in the kennel she was in. It didn't take long for her to be misidentified!

Have I said good luck yet? No I haven't. Good luck :wave:

Getting sorta serious for a minute, I thought that a full curl in a Sibe was a fault.  Aren't they supposed to curl over but not touch the back.

Avalanche, who's not a Sibe, has a full curl but Sasha (rescue but probably a Sibe) has a curl that comes over but not (normally) on her back.

And there are some beautiful pictures up there ... puppieeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Edited by Al Jones