Dog Rules

Sarah

I have two odd dogs ... appropriate, probably, considering who they live with.

I can't get beyond three.  My two are completely content to keep it on the floor. 

Avalanche got on the couch one time and started digging in it which got him yelled at - never been on the couch again.

Sasha will occasionally hop onto the couch to get away from Avalanche; when she does I get this "Hey look where I am!" look.  Once in a great while she'll lay down and stay there.  Most of the time she'll get down as soon as Avalanche goes away and lays down.

Some people say I must be heartless because I'm very strict with these kind of rules :shrug: if I made a rule, then the dog is to follow it. No tolerance.

The dog is only allowed in the TV room, the porch, the garage and what used to be the living room. I now call it "Diamond's room" because really, it works like a massive door-less crate to him. He sometimes tries to enter/claim bedrooms and the kitchen, but he always gets a sharp "no!" at every attempt. The second floor is generally off-limits to the dog, but he knows he's allowed to go upstairs and/or into my bedroom in case of emergency. "Emergency" as in: "MOM I POOPED IN THE LIVING ROOM GO CLEAN IT QUICK". Sorry for the caps, but I think it only fits his frantic scratching and door-banging :shrug:

The dog is also not allowed on top of any kind of furniture. Though I doubt Dime even realizes this rule exists. He's perfectly content staying down on the floor.

Guilty of all 10 with my BC... will have to see how far Smokey gets ;)

Sometimes I have to carefully get into bed so I don't disturb him when he's already asleep :D and in winter times he's more than happy to steal my duvet and leave me freezing!

11. Humans can try to move the dogs off the furniture to sit down. . . but good luck with that !!! :P