Nava <3

Nava's Mommy

Hello everyone! My puppy's name is Nava, and she is only 1 month and 1 week old. Unfortunately she had to leave her mom too soon. I am terrified on this new journey since she is so young, and my first puppy. She is very sweet and playful! She is also extremely smart, learns something new everyday. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences, and gaining advise from people more experienced.

post-12040-0-71842800-1404169616_thumb.j

post-12040-0-27543100-1404169622_thumb.j

post-12040-0-47910300-1404169627_thumb.j

post-12040-0-28668800-1404169632_thumb.j

post-12040-0-15289200-1404169635_thumb.j

Welcome to the pack. Oh my she is so tiny and so, so cute! One thing you may have to work with her, is bite inhibition. That is something they learn from their litter mates and their mother between six and eight weeks. So, if you come up with questions, we are here to help. I am glad you realize she was a bit too young to leave her mother, so now you will have to step up to the call. Just remember, consistent training, patience, and positive reinforcement work well with Huskies.

Welcome to the pack. Oh my she is so tiny and so, so cute! One thing you may have to work with her, is bite inhibition. That is something they learn from their litter mates and their mother between six and eight weeks. So, if you come up with questions, we are here to help. I am glad you realize she was a bit too young to leave her mother, so now you will have to step up to the call. Just remember, consistent training, patience, and positive reinforcement work well with Huskies.

Thank you! She bites anything in her way, what can I do to show her it is not right, especially since she started biting me, and it hurts!

When she bites you, let out a shrill "ouch". Also, turn away from her. Huskies learn quick when it is to their advantage. You may find that if playing with her, she starts to nip or bite. Time out from play time will also help. You don't want to punish, but employ positive reinforcement. You can also exhcange your hand for a chew toy.

Oh gee she's indeed way too young. What happened if I may ask? :o bite inhibition is indeed gonna be a bit of an issue without the presence of mom and littermates. Invest on some durable chew toys :)

Oh and of course welcome on board :wave: don't be shy to ask us anything! x

Oh gee she's indeed way too young. What happened if I may ask? :o bite inhibition is indeed gonna be a bit of an issue without the presence of mom and littermates. Invest on some durable chew toys :)

Oh and of course welcome on board :wave: don't be shy to ask us anything! x

I got her from a friend, they weren't expecting Nava's mom to get pregnant. They told me I could take her at one month, since she is my first pup I had no clue how bad that was for her. When I went to the vet they said the mom would most likely not take her back. 

Poor baby , she's beautiful . Training will be a bit more difficult but time and a lot of patience will help you here , like mazz says a ouch or a yelp like a sibling would do if she bit too hard will help here when she bites :-)

Thank you :) I am so nervous with her training. My goal is to have her service dog trained. We are scheduled to start when she is 3 months.