Poor Yukon :(

Jay

He screamed when the vet was examining him. (Vet seemed kind of rough). Then took him for X-rays. He wouldn't go so I had to carry him :(. Now just waiting for the X-rays to be done

There seem to be times where they have to "dig" and trying to feel for something in a dogs stomach / intestines is one of those times. Hope the screaming was from agitation and disgust, not pain from something inside.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No blockage!! Yay! They gave him some meds to help with inflammation of the intestine. The plastic might have irritated him but good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good luck Jason. Hope everything's ok.

If you get called back into work tomorrow will your OH be able to keep an eye on Yukon if need be?

Edit: oh just seen you posted whilst I was typing, lol. That's great news! ?

There seem to be times where they have to "dig" and trying to feel for something in a dogs stomach / intestines is one of those times. Hope the screaming was from agitation and disgust, not pain from something inside.

Yeah the vet said on the xray table he was fine and it was likely just distressed.

He is acting much better tho! He almost gave me a heart attack!!

He just has meds to protect the stomach and intestines if there is irritation. He can have small amts of water and 1/4 of his food. If he vomits that then we need to do an ultrasound. His diagnosis was gastritis

He did say that the plastic would be hard to see on X-ray. Especially since it was so small and thin. He said that if he does continue to vomit he will need an ultrasound

jygymeba.jpg

I hate when things like this happen.  So far it sounds like good news.  Give Yukon a belly rub or me, will you Jason?  He could probably use one.

Me too. Unfortunately the power is back and work and I have to go :(. I'll have to keep an eye on him with the cam until I come back

I hate when things like this happen. So far it sounds like good news. Give Yukon a belly rub or me, will you Jason? He could probably use one.

Will do! He's gotten lots of belly rubs today!