Poor Yukon :(

Jay

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so glad that he is doing better. Will be thinking of him and wishing him the best. I do have to say that I wish I looked that gorgeous when I am sick though. And Nikko is silly. I notice that a couple of you have cams and was wondering what kind you use and what program transmits it for you? I would love to be able to keep an eye on things once and while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so glad that he is doing better. Will be thinking of him and wishing him the best. I do have to say that I wish I looked that gorgeous when I am sick though. And Nikko is silly. I notice that a couple of you have cams and was wondering what kind you use and what program transmits it for you? I would love to be able to keep an eye on things once and while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a D-Link camera. I got it for like 80 bucks. It works off your home wifi connection and you just get the phone app or watch from a computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I think the food last night was too much. Then I tried giving him his pills and just threw it up. Now he has diarrhea too :(. He just ate a little bit of pumpkin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I usually put his pills in a treat and he eats them right up, but today he would not eat even treats.  I think his stomach is just upset so I am hoping he feels better soon.  I have to work today, wish I could take off to be with him :(  He seems so pitiful and restless and constantly wants to be next to me.  At least Nikko and Kodiak are being good boys and sense that he doesn't feel good, and they are leaving him alone. 

Jay,

Just caught up with the thread and hope things are settling down a little now.

We had an issue with Skye, (earlier this year), and this is when we found out that Skye hates injections but she will eat any tablet you need to give her, (and she chews them first).

I also like the idea of using a wifi cam for those times when you have to leave them.

Take care - both of you!

The vet called and said I should bring him in again to get an injection to stop the vomiting, since he digested his food and we are certain it's not an obstruction. And he will give us some different meds.

I am stopping by on my lunch hour :(

The vet called and said I should bring him in again to get an injection to stop the vomiting, since he digested his food and we are certain it's not an obstruction. And he will give us some different meds.

I am stopping by on my lunch hour :(

Been to the vet 100+ times with Odin for all sorts of wild things but most comonly upset stomachs. Get the injection and then also ask for Cerenia tabs if he still isn't feeling well tomorrow you'll have something on hand to give.

If you do get the Cerenia just be sure you aren't masking a bigger issue with giving the meds. I typically will give it to Odin for a few days and if he isn't improving then it's back to the vet.

I hope he bounces back after the injection!

They gave him the injection and did send me home with Cerenia tabs.  He did that because he was confident there was no blockage and that he was able to digest his food last night...so we know that things are moving.  So he will be on that, and a bland diet for 4 days.

Poor guy had thrown up in his crate before I got home for lunch :(  He was trying to move it so his nose was all pukey.  Cleaned him up and off to the vet we went.

Now after a hard and very tiring day at work I am ready to go home and crash!!

Been to the vet 100+ times with Odin for all sorts of wild things but most comonly upset stomachs. Get the injection and then also ask for Cerenia tabs if he still isn't feeling well tomorrow you'll have something on hand to give.

If you do get the Cerenia just be sure you aren't masking a bigger issue with giving the meds. I typically will give it to Odin for a few days and if he isn't improving then it's back to the vet.

I hope he bounces back after the injection!

He was acting like he felt a little better after the vet.  He ate some treats, and he hasn't thrown up since lunch.  When I get home I will give him some extra cuddles and some food because I bet he is starving!! 

It was so weird this morning when I put his food down and he sniffed it and walked away.  This is the dog that inhales his food so bad I had to hide the kibble in treats! 

I so wish we all lived near each other at times like these, I'd be round like a shot, ok well not me as I'm still injured but one of my kids would and stay with Yukon 'til you got home.

Hoping he feels better soon.

He has a crazy regime to go through over the next week:

The vet prescribed a bland diet, 1/2 cup 4 times a day for the next 4 days consisting of:

Egg Noodles, boiled chicken, pea/carrot mixtue, cottage cheese, cream of chicken soup (although I am cheating on this..just doing boiled chicken and rice)

The next 4 days is 1/2 of the bland diet, 1/2 of kibble, twice a day

Then next Thursday back to normal

THEN the pills!

For the next 3 days 2 Cerenia pills every morning, 1 Sucralfate evey 8 hours and his Penobarbotol twice a day