Squeaky Balls??

Okay Jake LOVES the wubba and I'm thinking it'll last awhile since the squeaker is in the middle and there's a hard rubber ball on the outside.

Surprisingly, the "wheeler" chew toy has him the most intrigued. He is really working at getting that thing out of the middle! That will keep him busy for hours. Well worth the money IMO if you have a chewer!!

The kong wobbler hasn't interested him at all :-/ maybe he needs tastier treats to motivate him to play with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake absolutely LOVES squeaky balls! He will lay down with one and chew it and squeak it over and over and over until he's chewed a hole through it. This takes him about ten minutes. I've gone through about 10 balls in a few weeks!

Anyone have any suggestions on a squeaky ball or squeaky toy that will take him longer than ten minutes to chew through??

I've gotten him the kong squeaky tennis balls and even those didn't stand a chance. He will chew on the plush squeaky toys and somehow break the squeaker with the toy still intact!

if you do manage to find a toy i would love to know.  my amber is the same but luckily she will continue to play with the ball until it is totally dead

I have the same problem with squeaky balls :) ... The last one die yesterday after 3 days. I'm thinking that was a good purchase because another one that I purchase it thinking that was more durable, takes 2 minutes to be destroyed :(

This is the wubba we have, it shows no damage and still squeaks after 2 months. Ronin has killed a few toys and he can crunch down a bone in short time so he has a very strong jaw. It hard to tell if the one you got is the same.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kong-Floppy-Ear-Wubba-Large/dp/B0090Z9CW8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1404354610&sr=8-10&keywords=kong+wubba

ohhhhhh 2 months and it still alive?? I'm going to purchase it. I have saw the other day at the shop but I don'r think that is going to be a good squeaky ball.

Okay Jake LOVES the wubba and I'm thinking it'll last awhile since the squeaker is in the middle and there's a hard rubber ball on the outside.

Surprisingly, the "wheeler" chew toy has him the most intrigued. He is really working at getting that thing out of the middle! That will keep him busy for hours. Well worth the money IMO if you have a chewer!!

The kong wobbler hasn't interested him at all :-/ maybe he needs tastier treats to motivate him to play with it

In the wobbler use treats and freeze it with some peanut butter or similar.

The wheeler one looks interesting... let us know how long it lasts please :D

Isn't that the pool wubba you got?

I found the Rogz DaBone to be suited for Smokey's chewing needs...thus far! She's had it since I got her and still can't see any puppy teeth marks on it :)

Toys-DaBone-DB-Packaging-Front.jpg

She chews on it and you can fill it with something like peanutbutter but she doesn't want to play outside or fetch with it ;) for playing outside she has mini rugby balls that I put away when not with her, because she would go through them in minutes if left unsupervised!

EDIT: it doesn't squeak though, she hasn't really preferred the squeaky toys that I have...and Wollie has quite a few of them since he's not a chewer ;) maybe it's only the male Huskies that have to kill the squeaky toys???

The wheeler one looks interesting... let us know how long it lasts please :D

Isn't that the pool wubba you got?

I found the Rogz DaBone to be suited for Smokey's chewing needs...thus far! She's had it since I got her and still can't see any puppy teeth marks on it :)

She chews on it and you can fill it with something like peanutbutter but she doesn't want to play outside or fetch with it ;) for playing outside she has mini rugby balls that I put away when not with her, because she would go through them in minutes if left unsupervised!

EDIT: it doesn't squeak though, she hasn't really preferred the squeaky toys that I have...and Wollie has quite a few of them since he's not a chewer ;) maybe it's only the male Huskies that have to kill the squeaky toys???

I don't know but I need an undestructible squeaky ball!! :rofl:

Another thing that she loves are the ropes!! Never get tired of playing with me. Rope are my toys and I only use it to play when I want.

He chewed the wheeler in his crate for hours last night! He did manage to get the treat out but they sell more treats to stick in it.

Gave him the wubba back this morning and he's happily "squeaking" away at it while Stella patiently waits for him to play with her!

je2e6yza.jpg

Sounds promising then!!! :)

He chewed the wheeler in his crate for hours last night! He did manage to get the treat out but they sell more treats to stick in it.

Gave him the wubba back this morning and he's happily "squeaking" away at it while Stella patiently waits for him to play with her! je2e6yza.jpg

Death of wubba :(

3ygazyna.jpg

wow ! 

The JW iSqueak balls are rubber with a squeaker and they are good, I don't know how tough they are. 

The Goughnut toys don't have squeakers have a life time guarantee against destruction.

I did see those at the pet store but I wonder how tough they are? I'm looking into making my own dog toys. Like getting kong squeaky balls and wrapping them in a tough, durable material about 10x lol

If you are interested in making your own, the most dog-durable material I have ever come across is firehose. Literal fire hose. From a fire department. It was indestructible for all of my past dogs, though it would be hard to sew a squeaker into. The hard part is getting your hands in it. I got lucky and got a hundred foot reel of it from a fireman I knew when they replaced their equipment on a truck. It is genuinely -awesome-. I had a piece of it that was on a hanging toy in my back yard that my dogs played with constantly and it never tore once, including when my 75 lb male used to hang from it lock-jawed.

I'd send you some if it didn't weigh a zillion pounds. I can't even imagine what it cost to ship. Who knows, maybe if you search they might already sell dog toys made out of it. Otherwise I would call your local fire dept. and see if they have any old ones that are just sitting around. I can't imagine they have much to do with them once they have a hole or are retired anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We keep our plastic milk and soda/soft drink containers - take off the lid and seal rings. Then fill with kibble/treats and let them go for it!

Obviously it's a once-off 'puzzle toy' as they DESTROY the bottles but my girls get so much stimulation from it and run some energy out, especially on rainy days when a walk isn't possible.

No squeaks but I hope it helps :)

Thanks Katie! That's a good idea! He has one of those treat dispenser things that he has to paw around to get treats out and he loves it! Giving him a plastic bottle he could chew would be a whole new kind of excitement :)

kong toys work really well for that, and my dogs usually won't chew them real bad so they aren't destroyed. I have all different sizes. you can put peanut butter, also. and / or freeze it with water, peanut butter, and treats in it, so it lasts a bit longer. works well ;)

Please let us know if you find something indestructible as I've discovered that Ice can destroy anything in minutes if not seconds! Even a giant kong got the end bitten off of it and I honestly thought that would be impossible to do! lol

The only thing that seems to help is to limit Ice's time with the toy which is sad. He usually starts off playing innocently with the toy and then lays down and starts chewing frantically on it, as soon as he lays down with it, that's the time we remove it! Things seem to last a lot longer that way, but does mean he doesn't get to enjoy them as much as he would of otherwise liked.

His favourite toy is a squeaky pig. :wub:

Echo destroys everything ....

But we have found that rubber balls stay intact,

They are like 1.30 in Wilko xx