Please Vote For Rescued Husky Emily

loudlucky

Thank you ma'am,  :fixed:I wanted to see who the group that was sponsoring Miles is and then thought that others might be interested as well. I'm not changing my allegiance.(( also trying to make sure that this stays on the first page of "New Content" since I think a lot of us navigate the forum form there - at least *I* do!! ))

Yeah, I do too, I even set it to show more than the defaults posts!

I think any of the finalists deserves to win...it's just a question of who can get the most votes :D

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for all the support everyone, you are all quite right in that ALL the dogs and the humans in the competition deserve to win, not even just the finalists. To be honest I have personally voted for some of the lesser known entries, they deserve the support. My step daughter felt so sorry for them all she voted for every single one  :)

We have already decided that if Emily wins the overall competition we would like them to give the prize for the Will of Iron category to Miles, we will discuss this with the organisers once the results are announced.

Voting closes at 9am Monday morning South African time (GMT +2) so please keep voting for as long as you can to make sure we don't get pipped at the post. Unfortunately we will have to wait for a bit as the results will only be announced on 4 August.

I will create a new post in the next few days with the full story of Emily and post some of the wonderful pics and videos we have of her.

It's 05:00 in South Africa and I'm getting ready to call it a night.  Since I've assumed that what I've been reporting are the votes cast, at the moment they are:

• Emily: 3467
  • Miles: 2683

We done good folks,  my thanks to all of you for supporting the HuskyRescue, IanJ and Emily.

Edited by Al Jones

Thanks once again for all the support, from a most unexpected source, pity I didn't hear about your forum earlier.

Could I just ask that we keep the scores between ourselves on this forum until the official results are announced on 4 August by the organisers. They wanted to hide the scores to make the results a surprise for the official announcement. I am not aware that anyone else realised you could view the scores in the page source.

Thanks once again and I look forward to posting lots more about the work we do here in South Africa and give you a more complete story on Emily and the rest of my pack.

Ian

P.S. Here is Emily sporting a nice warm beanie hat at our sledding session yesterday morning where the temp was around 1deg celsius. Needless to say being a true husky she didn't wear it for long and went off to run again.

post-12093-0-86642700-1405325608_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all
Sorry I have been a bit quiet since joining the forum, very busy with work as well as Husky Rescue activities here.

Just to let you all know that the results will be announced today at 12 noon South African time (GMT +2) on the website http://www.heroictails.co.za and on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/MontegoClassic?fref=ts

Once I hear I will also post here for us all to hopefully celebrate.

And we have a winner !!!

post-12093-0-88391400-1407151943.png

Thank you once again to all who voted, Emily won her category and the overall prize for the whole competition. As we stated before all prize money and food won will be donated to Husky Rescue South Africa so that hopefully we can help more huskies like Emily in the future.

I will be stopping on the way home to buy Emily a big steak for dinner  :)