Heart Attack Anyone???

Removed #5

The fellow who lives across the road and down a bit came over with his three terriers ... they come over from time to time to play with Avalanche.  I heard the dogs so I headed out to make sure he knew they were here.  He and I stood there chattering ... When Sasha got out (my patio door doesn't slide all the way easily and it left enough room for her to get out).

She immediately went after terriers; the oldest stood up to her and Sasha backed off a bit and then went after the young one who was in heat.  Darrell reached for her collar, she growled (Darrell is the guy who ran me up to the hospital when she bit me, so he knew the damage she could do) so he stepped back and aimed a kick at her ( which from my point of view was like putting the match to a stick of dynamite!) I don't know whether he connected or not, but she backed up and then headed back to me (surprise!) so I took her collar and took her back into the house and shut the door!.

We're both standing there wondering if our hearts were going to slow back down to normal or not ...

When I took her collar to bring her back in she was like "I been bad!" but no problem from her, kept telling her that it was okay as I walked her in.  She looked like she was expecting me to hit her or something, cowered down awful.

I think we were both surprised that she didn't hurt any of the three.  Darrell says that from his viewpoint it was more a dominance dance .. and all I was seeing was a dog that I wasn't sure what she was going to do and three little dogs who could have been dead in a heartbeat if that was what she intended. 

Oh, yeh, fun days!!!!

Oh wow, that would have pumped the adrenaline for sure. Glad it worked out okay!

You better believe my old heart was going "pitty pat" pretty good there for a few minutes.  I know I need to get more exercise that gets the heart rate up - but this is not my preferred way of doing that!!

I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am that nobody got hurt :jawdrop:

Oh, you and me two.  What made me even happier was that she came back to subdued quickly.  No major stress on her part, while she growled at Darrell, she didn't object to me holding her collar to bring her back inside.  His little terriers were worked up for a few minutes but that didn't last long before they were back to teasing Avalanche (( they love to get just outside the area he can reach on his lead and invite him to play!  Every once in a while he gets his own ... he'll run past them and sweep them off their feet with his chain!  ))

Glad things worked out and it was under control quickly.

You know I've never seen pictures of Sascha and Avalance, would love to see if you have any :)

I second that, on the never seeing pictures of the two! upload, upload, upload!!! :) please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was just a test to see if your ticker was still working ok...needed to get the cobwebs out of the corners...

but no kidding good that it all went ok and everybody is fine...

Glad things worked out and it was under control quickly. 

You know I've never seen pictures of Sascha and Avalance, would love to see if you have any :)

I teased Al about that (him never posting pics of his pack) once but it was to no avail :lol: I do know however he posted one pic of each dog once. Maybe if we rummage through the photo discussion section's old posts... :lol:

All I remember is Sasha is a gorgeous wooly black and white. Avalanche is a tall, lanky, brown-eyed baby that resembles nothing else beside the Alaskan Husky.

I teased Al about that (him never posting pics of his pack) once but it was to no avail :lol: I do know however he posted one pic of each dog once. Maybe if we rummage through the photo discussion section's old posts... :lol:

All I remember is Sasha is a gorgeous wooly black and white. Avalanche is a tall, lanky, brown-eyed baby that resembles nothing else beside the Alaskan Husky.

haha, I would love to see them both! they sound absolutely adorable.. I love the wooly, especially since I have one! ;) but hmm.. quick question.

difference between "Alaskan" and "siberian" ? I know my two are siberian, but I've never heard anything about Alaskan.. [emoji15]

haha, I would love to see them both! they sound absolutely adorable.. I love the wooly, especially since I have one! ;) but hmm.. quick question.

difference between "Alaskan" and "siberian" ? I know my two are siberian, but I've never heard anything about Alaskan.. [emoji15]

Oooh goosh it's been a very long time since the last time I read about them. But this is what I remember; an Alaskan Husky is not a breed. It's just a term for Husky mixes that are carefully crossbred to improve their performance pulling sleds. Kinda like Eurohound and the lurcher. They're very Husky-like in marking and coloration, just taller, leaner, and presumably stronger. They also have a shorter, coarser coat.

Oooh goosh it's been a very long time since the last time I read about them. But this is what I remember; an Alaskan Husky is not a breed. It's just a term for Husky mixes that are carefully crossbred to improve their performance pulling sleds. Kinda like Eurohound and the lurcher. They're very Husky-like in marking and coloration, just taller, leaner, and presumably stronger. They also have a shorter, coarser coat.

ohhh! well, that makes sense! hehe, thank you! I've been wondering that for quite some time, just could never find a good description of the two. most basically said "Alaskan" means mutt, but that never made sense.. since they were calling them huskies, also. haha. thanks again!

Oh wow Al, sounds like you've not had the best day. Bet that must have momentarily raised the blood pressure a notch or two. [emoji32]

How is Sssha today? Still a bit wary?

Sounds like something triggered off bad memories for her. You can remove a dog from a bad place but part of it will always remain up here *touches head*. Boy, do I wish sometimes that it wasn't the case. So hard to see them battling their own private hell. [emoji20]

Hope you all get a considerably more calm and peaceful day today. Think a bit of R and R is due. Xxx

Glad it worked out without any bloodshed Human or Dawg.

Maybe she's calming down a bit and learning some limits.

The feeling I get is she was protecting you.

Which is why she came to you and allowed you to take her by the collar

with no aggression to lead her back in.

Good job Al'