Hi From Ian, Emily, Panda And Tequila In Johannesburg South Africa.

IanJ

Hi all

My name is Ian Jones and I live in Johannesburg in sunny South Africa.

I adopted my first rescue husky, Panda Bear,  in 2012 he is a 4 year old male. I fell in love with the breed and became involved with Husky Rescue South Africa as a volunteer and I am now part of the organising committee

In December 2013 I took in another 4 year old girl Tequila who was not getting on with her kennel mate at Husky Haven our rescue kennels. She was originally supposed to be a foster but before long became a foster failure when we adopted her.

Being part of Husky Rescue I was involved when Emily was brought in as a stray, I was instrumental in getting a fund raising campaign going to collect money for her vets bills. From the time I met her I knew I wanted to take her home and give her the love and affection that she had never before experienced. When she came home she needed regular medication and treatment of her wounds so I slept with her in the spare room and took several days leave from work to look after her. 

I will be posting more info on the story of Emily later.

I am also on the committee of a local dryland sledding club where we take the dogs sledding in winter and do walks every weekend during the warmer summer months.

I look forward to meeting more husky enthusiasts and posting more info on our happy pack.

post-12093-0-72851100-1405189125_thumb.j

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Panda Bear on the left is the male who is more interested on smelling and marking like most boys.

In the middle is Emily our miracle girl.

On the right is Tequila who is our alpha female and the lead dog in the pack although at times Emily likes to challenge her a bit.

Behind is me trying to keep up.

This was taken on 15 June.

wow, you definitely seem like you're going to have some amazing stories to tell. I wish we had some kind of husky rescue / organization around here that I could help with.

I think I can speak for everyone on this forum when I say you're seriously an inspiration!

emily is definitely a miracle girl :)

oh, by the way, your pups are all beautiful! :) congrats on such a happy and (now healthy) pack :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panda Bear on the left is the male who is more interested on smelling and marking like most boys.

In the middle is Emily our miracle girl.

On the right is Tequila who is our alpha female and the lead dog in the pack although at times Emily likes to challenge her a bit.

Behind is me trying to keep up.

This was taken on 15 June.

Yeah, I figured you were the human! :lmao:

Panda Bear and Tequila look like two goofballs! I bet they got in a bit of trouble through the years already ;) And I'm sure Emily will try her luck with her new pack ;) she's lucky to have found you!

She looks so gorgeous, you wouldn't believe it's the same dog as on those competition photos!!

I can't post the link yet but huskyrescue dot coza is the web site.

We are mostly based in Johannesburg but do have representatives in Cape Town and we rescue and home dogs nationally.

I can't post the link yet but huskyrescue dot coza is the web site.

We are mostly based in Johannesburg but do have representatives in Cape Town and we rescue and home dogs nationally.

5 posts, you can post links and pics now ;)

Yeah, I found them when Al & I were looking to find you! :D

Yeah, I figured you were the human! :lmao:

Panda Bear and Tequila look like two goofballs! I bet they got in a bit of trouble through the years already ;) And I'm sure Emily will try her luck with her new pack ;) she's lucky to have found you!

She looks so gorgeous, you wouldn't believe it's the same dog as on those competition photos!!

Tequila is the serious one, we call her the queen, she is the one who tells the other naughty children off when they get too rowdy. Emily loves to play, she spends hours play fighting with Panda. Although Emily is around 18 months old it seems she is living the puppy life she never had, her mannerisms are very much like a young puppy.

Since that looks odd to the American contingent it's huskyrescue.co.za

And I have to admit a surprise. I didn't think South Africa was a big as it is, you're almost twice the size of Texas.

What???? Was this the first time you saw SA on a map????? :P

EDIT: then you probably also think we have wild animals walking around in the cities?? :rolleyes:

Although Emily is around 18 months old it seems she is living the puppy life she never had, her mannerisms are very much like a young puppy.

good on her! They grow up too fast anyways, and why be a 'grownup' if you can act like a kid????

No, but it's the first time I've seen it put into perspective comparing it to our states.oh my gosh, you mean you don't?????

I've never seen it being compared to Texas before ;)

From Wikipedia.org:

South Africa is the 25th-largest country in the world by land area, and with close to 53 million people, is the world's 25th-most populous nation.

Well, actually we have animals roaming around, but not lions & bears like everyone thinks! You'd have to visit a zoo or game reserve for that :D

HOLD UP. there's not cute animals everywhere? YOUVE RUINED MY CHILDHOOD IMAGE OF THE PLACE! :(

It's a populated country...not Disney's Lion King! :D

You'll find that more up north in Africa ;)

And depends on what you call cute...here there's squirrels, goats, farm animals, snakes, moles, rats and all sorts of creatures, but no 'big five' wondering about ;) if you drive up the mountains you'll see baboons!

It's a populated country...not Disney's Lion King! :D

You'll find that more up north in Africa ;)

And depends on what you call cute...here there's squirrels, goats, farm animals, snakes, moles, rats and all sorts of creatures, but no 'big five' wondering about ;) if you drive up the mountains you'll see baboons!

what, I wanna see a wild baboon! we have foxes, beavers, opossum, raccoons, snakes, mice, coyotes, bobcats, and lots of deer! emphasis on lots!