Hi From Ian, Emily, Panda And Tequila In Johannesburg South Africa.

IanJ

It's a populated country...not Disney's Lion King! :D

You'll find that more up north in Africa ;)

And depends on what you call cute...here there's squirrels, goats, farm animals, snakes, moles, rats and all sorts of creatures, but no 'big five' wondering about ;) if you drive up the mountains you'll see baboons!

don't forget penguins! 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Penguins running around the city????

Nah, they will be found on the beaches, there's a penguin rescue centre in Table View, not that far from where I live ;)http://www.sanccob.co.za

My aunt and uncle moved from J'burg to Simonstown, they used to send me pictures of all the penguins there i was stunned i thought they were in colder climates - learn something new every day

ps sorry kinda hijacked the thread lol

My aunt and uncle moved from J'burg to Simonstown, they used to send me pictures of all the penguins there i was stunned i thought they were in colder climates - learn something new every day

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. I never in my life have heard of a penguin living in warm weather! wow.. haha. in my zoo, they have a penguin enclosure and it is FREEZING in there.

definitely learned something new today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why YES!!!! Check out that site ;)

EDIT: we have dolphins too on the East coast ;) and sharks here at the coastal areas where I live, sometimes lot's of them! :(

I did, I did! and wow, seriously gonna be in shock for a while over this one.. hahahaha

I don't think Ian will mind us chatting about SA ;)

Well, I don't know about them needing freezing weather... it's not like they tan on the beach!

EDIT: Okay here you pengiun lovers go... the Africa pengiun aka jackass pengiun :rolleyes:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_penguin

I don't think Ian will mind us chatting about SA ;)

hopefully not.. hehe. I'm just really interested now! we can make a new one if so..

Well, I don't know about them needing freezing weather... it's not like they tan on the beach!

well, I would hope not! haha I just thought they were in Alaska, and stuff like that.. oops [emoji15] I guess huskies are supposed to be, too, tho!

:hello: Good evening and :welcome: to the best husky forum in the world. Now, this is where I normally say, if there's anything you need to know about your husky, this is the place to ask, but, in your case, are we alright to ask you, oh humble one. Oh yes, sorry for grassing you up earlier, couldn't resist letting everyone know that you were about. Glad to have you on board Ian :up:

Gary.

:hello: Good evening and :welcome: to the best husky forum in the world. Now, this is where I normally say, if there's anything you need to know about your husky, this is the place to ask, but, in your case, are we alright to ask you, oh humble one. Oh yes, sorry for grassing you up earlier, couldn't resist letting everyone know that you were about. Glad to have you on board Ian :up:

Gary.

Clever Gary! I totally agree! C:

Welcome on board Ian and your beautiful pups xxx ive been following the other thread and hope Emily wins the vote, she will if we at H O have anything to do with it .she is a brave girl and you have done an amazing job. Xxxx