Walkies Pics

mydiamond

There is unfortunately a law against taking pictures of people's houses (too bad, there are some really funky ones I want you guys to see LOL ) so this is the only pic I can get of the area where I often walk the dog

post-2850-0-19244300-1405244815_thumb.jp

A blurry action pic of the dog, just 10 seconds out of our gates :)

post-2850-0-29400400-1405244786_thumb.jp

A nicer, not overly blurry, pic of the dog later after he calmed down

post-2850-0-98783800-1405245283_thumb.jp

We started the walk by visiting Aldo (previously known as Mr. Husky). His house seem lively, but thanks to its tall walls and no doorbell, I still didn't get to talk to his owners :(

post-2850-0-77030700-1405244792_thumb.jp

We then met Shasta (open-faced, male) and Veeno (dark gray, female) :) Diamond's Husky friends. Unfortunately since Veeno's arrival, Shasta grew protective of her and wouldn't let Diamond get close :( even if Dime play-bowed to the very max, showing him that all he wants to do is play, Shazz still growls and snaps :(

post-2850-0-50218700-1405244822_thumb.jp

After meeting the energetic duo, we got chased by two territorially-aggressive off-leash dogs. A football-sized terrier mix and his mid-sized, calm subordinate who kept his distance but chased us anyways because he's following the terrier. I've been chased by them once, so I know they're all barks and no bite. I usually ask Dime to ignore them and keep on walking in our normal pace, but today I feel like killing myself. So I went; "RUN! Come on, they're alright! WOOOO!!!". My chest feels like it has been lit on fire, but it's good fun :lol:EDIT: it is not recommended to run away from a dog that is chasing you, as it would only make the dog follow you even further. The best thing to do is ask your dog to ignore the off-leash dog and walk in a normal pace. The dogs would soon get tired and leave you alone. Surprisingly, a huge percentage of territorially-aggressive dogs are all barks and no bite. So don't panic :) easier said than done, but don't panic. Try not to.

Oh and here's Dime watching the TV last night :) just kidding, he doesn't care about the TV!

post-2850-0-86514200-1405245274_thumb.jp

post-2850-0-12530100-1405245290_thumb.jp

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh it's because most (almost all) of our houses are built by a certain real estate company. They compete in exterior and interior design, so they're afraid if I take a picture of somebody's house I'm gonna show the pic to another real estate company. Not the kind of law that can get you jailed though.

Oh it's because most (almost all) of our houses are built by a certain real estate company. They compete in exterior and interior design, so they're afraid if I take a picture of somebody's house I'm gonna show the pic to another real estate company. Not the kind of law that can get you jailed though.

weird! Here the estate agents take pictures of your house (without you knowing or consent) and then they put it on a calender or magnet note pad and throw it in your mailbox with somethink like "your house yard too large to manage" or my favourite "garden maintenance getting too much? Why not move!" :rofl:

I mean I have dogs that do the garden maintenance for free thank you very much and NO, they do not want to move, they have bones & toys invested in THIS yard! :lmao:

Thanks guys :D I really really wish I could show you those funky houses though. I have one that is, I'm not kidding you, built to resemble a cheese. Shasta and Veeno's house has huge 3-5 concrete balls decorating the front yard. I still can't think of a reason why would they need them LMAO There is also this house that is designed to look like ancient Chinese traditional homes, except they decided it would look funny if their main front wall has a massive hole in it. There are also homes designed to look like early 18th century American homes, which look more like a barn in the end. I could go on and on! :lol:

Oh Dime your just so fluffy I could steal you and cuddle you all day and night :P

I randomly google earthed Indo the other day is there a reason behind some houses having red or blue roofs? I noticed them went I zoomed in lol

Thanks guys :D I really really wish I could show you those funky houses though. I have one that is, I'm not kidding you, built to resemble a cheese. Shasta and Veeno's house has huge 3-5 concrete balls decorating the front yard. I still can't think of a reason why would they need them LMAO There is also this house that is designed to look like ancient Chinese traditional homes, except they decided it would look funny if their main front wall has a massive hole in it. There are also homes designed to look like early 18th century American homes, which look more like a barn in the end. I could go on and on! :lol:

:o now I want to see these funky places would they be on google earth?

Oh Dime your just so fluffy I could steal you and cuddle you all day and night :P

I randomly google earthed Indo the other day is there a reason behind some houses having red or blue roofs? I noticed them went I zoomed in lol

*gasp* I do not know what color my roof is!! :jawdrop: is it blue? is it red? Now you got me wondering!

I'm afraid these funky houses are rather new, so Google Earth won't show 'em :(

*gasp* I do not know what color my roof is!! :jawdrop: is it blue? is it red? Now you got me wondering!

I'm afraid these funky houses are rather new, so Google Earth won't show 'em :(

Haha google earth doesn't show much anymore :( my roof is brown :) I googled malang it looks nice there

Depends on what you mean by "nice" :lol: we're an education town. It's built to be as boring as possible. Plus, the word "malang" in Indonesian means misery :shrug:

I think my roof is red :lol: most of our houses here have red roofs. Blue is certainly gonna catch my attention but red roofs aren't so weird anymore. How far can you zoom in through Google Earth? I wonder if you can find a roof that says PKK on them :) if you find one, that house must be at the very least 70 years old.

Depends on what you mean by "nice" :lol: we're an education town. It's built to be as boring as possible. Plus, the word "malang" in Indonesian means misery :shrug:

I think my roof is red :lol: most of our houses here have red roofs. Blue is certainly gonna catch my attention but red roofs aren't so weird anymore. How far can you zoom in through Google Earth? I wonder if you can find a roof that says PKK on them :) if you find one, that house must be at the very least 70 years old.

You think its red? Lol

And can zoom all the way down but can't see much it gets blurry I'll try and find a PKK house tomorrow my iPad is about to die lol

The pictures on google look nice! Is there really a fountain with 3 apples on it some where there or is it a photoshopped pic?

:shrug: because it was built many, many, MANY years ago, I suspect. I don't know if my walking spot is available in Google Earth. It's a fairly new area. I don't think it's ten years old yet (Google's satellite updates their images every ten years)

:shrug: because it was built many, many, MANY years ago, I suspect. I don't know if my walking spot is available in Google Earth. It's a fairly new area. I don't think it's ten years old yet (Google's satellite updates their images every ten years)

yeah, there's no street view :( only satellite view ;)

Satellite view lets you see a whole lot! :lol: I'm jealous of people who can find their homes through Google. My area is too new (only 7-8 years old)

maybe you should check...the satellite images are from 2014 ;) only shows the top view though...

EDIT: I'd post the pic, but I don't want to show off your neighbourhood if it's the right spot ;)